A thread for the Texas folks

@ShinGolf @NobodiesMedic @cgroom @jbrooks @McRiddles @MikeHoncho @tx_southpaw @McNutty @SpiethGotMono @Wnf08a

see above post…I can only tag 10 people per post

Do either of the courses have push carts?

I don’t believe that they have any available for rent at this time. I may be able to dust off my old clicgear for one unlucky soul to use for the day though.

1 Like

That would be much appreciated! I think I’d like to walk one of the rounds, probably the morning one, but I don’t have a push cart.

1 Like

I marked Ride but really don’t care.
If I’m the only one walking/riding in my group, I typically do the peer pressure thing and do what everyone else is doing.
…Unless I’m told to drive the cart and keep beers cold. Which I would be happy to oblige my fellow refugees request.

2 Likes

I’ll bring an extra Clicgear 8 if anyone wants to claim it. @bmb430 rode it to victory at the Alamo Duel so it expects you to be on a heater.

1 Like

Sorry to interrupt the meet up talk. (Very upset I am missing it)
But

Any one have a good experience with a golf shop in the Dallas area swapping shafts??
Thinking I’ll use Dallas Golf but wanted to ask the group first.

I haven’t had them swap a shaft but I did have them build a driver shaft for me. Everything went well. Unfortunately I don’t have anything to compare as it was the first shaft I’ve had built.

However, I do have a coworker who lives in Chicago and he refuses to send his clubs anywhere other than Dallas Golf for shaft, grip, and any other changes/issues.

1 Like

That’s what I needed to know! Thank you!

1 Like

Sellingers golf is always 5 stars for me.

4 Likes

Never heard of them but I’ll check it out/keep them in mind! Thanks!

Dibs if no one has claimed it yet

1 Like

I’ve used Dallas Golf for a few shaft swaps and never had an issue

FYI Golf Club of Dallas is punching their greens tomorrow. The place is in the best shape I’ve ever seen it otherwise, but the greens will be on the bumpy side Sunday.

If you’re around the north side of Dallas, Golf Tech in Plano does great work.

1 Like

Anyone up for a Saturday afternoon round to pre-game for the Sunday fun? I’m considering TPC Craig Ranch since I can play it for a cart fee but I’m pretty flexible.

1 Like

Quick update, more details later.

GCD is aerating this week (delayed due to recent rain), but they are giving us a significant discount on our greens fees – $39.99 ride/$26 walk. @mctrees02 has been crunching the numbers while I was on vacation slinging aces and triple bogeys in the mountains.

We are hoping to set up a voluntary Zoom call Thursday night for people to put user names and real names with faces, where we’ll do a mini-draft/selection process for the pairings, for what will be a team match play format.

There are two NIT spots available (thanks @tron), with two completely different (and hopefully fun) ways to get each spot.

More details on formats to come, but in the meantime, make sure your info in the spreadsheet on hcp, walk/ride preference, and lunch, etc., is as accurate as possible.

8 Likes

xLTLYJ

2 Likes

Also, I know @lonestarguido asked about other charitable angles besides the create-your-own pledges in the spreadsheet. Your organizers don’t have anything else specifically set up since this has been more of a last minute deal, but we would welcome anyone else’s ideas or efforts here - go for it if you have a cool idea.

Ugh, I need to update the spreadsheet. I am unfortunately out gents. I got invited to a buddies ranch this weekend and just cant pass it up. It has a 13 hole golf course on it and gonna just be us out there with our families…just cant pass that up…so intrigued but what this is even gonna look like. (apparently there is routing for a full 18 holes)

I will post tons of pics afterwards…golf weenie at half staff just thinking about it.

7 Likes