A thread for the Texas folks

What are you looking for? There’s a pretty good range of courses in the area.

A fun muni or publicly accessible course that I can play at a relatively fast pace would be great if you have any recommendations. Preferably not too far outside of town - going to be in South Congress.

Sounds like I may be right by you. I’m off Forest/Tollway

Grey Rock is probably your best bet for that. Clay & Kizer are also good options too that are cheaper but will probably be more crowded and the round will be a little slower.

Stevens making a cameo in the latest Tourist Sauce

9 Likes

That was my PB round! That bag has good mojo, right @djpie?

6 Likes

I agree, Grey Rock is probably your best bet for pace of play. It’s 10 minutes or so from South Congress in light traffic. Clay and Kizer are a little closer, and a bit more municipal. The advantage there is that two courses share the same clubhouse, so you could ask about which is less crowded or in better condition. I haven’t been playing lately, but I heard that the greens on Clay have been quite nice.

Greens at Jimmy Clay are slooooooow. Not sure on Kizer.

Fastest round likely Greyrock…but still not fast.

Funnest round definitely Lions.

2 Likes

Nice I eat at that Liberty burger at least twice a month. I see you’re a fellow lefty as well by your profile pic. I know it keeps getting mentioned but us Dallas folks need to get a consistent placeholder for a weekend game.

1 Like

Sturminator!

8 Likes

I think we need to ride the coattails of the Show-Me Showdown and organize some kind of a Texas Ryder Cup Event. Could be east DFW vs west DFW, DFW vs Houston, North Texas Section vs South Texas Section. Lots of options.

Any interest?

16 Likes

Way in on any Texas Refuge events. Since DFW has the Colonial event we could give Houston some love?

2 Likes

We could also meet halfway at Raven Nest in Huntsville and all get ejected.

8 Likes

Pine Dunes would be a great location for it

6 Likes

Agreed.

I believe @bored_6m has looked into this a bit?

1 Like

Pine Dunes would be the best spot for it since it has on course lodging. Just kind of in BFE if guys/gals were wanting to get into post round shenanigans.

1 Like

Hoping to move back to Texas at some point this year, so ideally I’ll be back in time to take advantage if something does get arranged.

That’s a ClubCorp course, right?

I think the Alamo event increased interest in this. I didn’t even know there was a Texas chapter until yesterday, but added my name to the list.

1 Like