A thread for the Texas folks

you’ll pay for each event that you choose to play in. The membership fee gets you into the season long points race and a couple of other season long comps, and then the fees each week cover greens fees + standard games (stableford and 2 man stableford best ball) + a few optional games as well (skins, closest to the pin)

1 Like

I can still remember almost every hole at Canyons, and only a couple at Foothills if that says anything.

This is true. I still remember several holes from canyons and i played it over 5 years ago.

1 Like

I really like hole 10. You can play safe as you’d like to the middle of the fairway or left, or hug the right trees and creek to have a closer shot to the green.

Looking to play in Dallas area next weekend, 3/12 or 3/13. Our want to branch out from the usual courses that we normally play (Tenison, Cedar, Stevens, Sherrill, Firewheel, Indian Creek). Any suggestions as to where we should go?

Thorntree in desoto
Personally I love Mesquite golf course but idk what others think

1 Like

Played Thorntree for a christmas event and had a blast. The beer cart lady is a top notch mixologist :skull_and_crossbones:

I haven’t been out there yet. Is it worth it? What does it compare to in DFW?

Thorntree or Mesquite?

I love both Thorntree and Mesquite. I played Mesquite last weekend and despite being soaked due to all the rain it was in pretty nice shape. The greens were great. I highly recommend it. Thorntree reminds me a lot of the old country club course I grew up playing south of Houston. It’s a great track.

Mesquite. Is. Pure.

Hey quick question, I just replaced my lost 9 iron and it’s obviously not the right shaft or lie angle. Any Dallas recs for a good spot to get it done? I’ll probably end up at Dallas golf unless y’all have a better spot.

Dallas golf is $17 to switch shafts if you bring the replacement shaft with you. I have a 3W that I’m picking up tomorrow that they swapped shafts for me in.

I had my 7i restarted with a PX6.0 at Golf Tech in Plano (Not the chain golftec). It was $45 and included the new shaft.

Stripe Show is a small shop that does club fittings and the owner builds all of his clubs. He’s got a loft/lie machine right there next to his launch monitor set up. He can hook you up with just adjusting loft/lie or with replacing a shaft if you need it.

When I go in for new driver and 3 wood shafts I am gonna give them a try

Related … I’m way overdue for a loft/lie checkup. I have forged irons that almost certainly will need bent to various extents. Any ballpark estimates for what that’ll cost me? I’ve had a hard time tracking down published pricing.

If I remember correctly, Dallas Golf will do it for a few bucks a club. If you’re swapping grips or shafts they will include it. You can usually chat with the guys at PGA Superstore and get them to check the numbers on the spot for no charge if they aren’t busy.

1 Like

Hey everyone, had a quick question for the board. Headed up to Pine Dunes in two weeks for an annual buddies trip. We are playing 54 holes Saturday and Sunday and we’re looking into playing somewhere on the way up there from Houston on Friday. Does anyone have input on the following courses or a suggestion that we are overlooking?

• Piney Woods in Lufkin
  • Elkhart in Palestine
  • Ravensnest in Huntsville
1 Like

Played Raven Nest today and am a big fan. Greens were running a little slow but the rest of the course looked great. Getting around in 3 1/2 hours is a big plus too, I’m sure y’all would enjoy.

1 Like

Looking at a potential move from Oregon for a few reasons. Like most people I imagine, we’re hoping to find a few acres and a home at a lower cost compared to here. Any tips for areas to avoid entirely? I can work remotely, but I would to stay in some vicinity to some decent golf. Ideally ~$350k ish. If this isn’t the right thread for this question I’ll move on my merry way. Thanks!

I’d personally avoid the panhandle and west Texas but I’m extremely biased. There’s decent golf damn near everywhere though.

1 Like