A thread for the Texas folks

There was a large group out there when my group went. We bought a ton of meat and stuff at Costco to grill out. The other group organized a bbq place to cater to them in the restaurant. They mentioned PD helped them set it up, so that’s definitely an option.

Also, will the new clubhouse be open by June? It looked to be wrapping up construction when we were out there. Haven’t seen any updates lately.

Onsite would be great but wouldn’t be dissuaded if we can’

Very interested in either weekend. As in, I’m in if you’ll have me

1 Like

Sorry I am out. Wife’s being extra careful with the Covid stuff
Hopefully next time!

June 5/6 BOOKED. We have a block of tee times starting 7:40 and then another block starting at 2pm. (I will get confirmation soon. PD is pretty…laid back).

Sunday times will start at 9am to let people sleep in a bit or get a sunrise 6 in.

Likely format:
Fourball Sat morning
Foursomes Sat afternoon
Singles Sun Morning

Lodging:

• 4 condos (sleep 4, $280/night)
  • 6 single Villas ($99/night)
  • 6 double Villas ($129/night).

Captains:
Need them for Houston and Dallas. Nominations please.

10 Likes

I was efforting Jim Harden, but he’s recently become unavailable.

1 Like

Can we get an even thread going?

5 Likes

Brand new to the Nest. Would love to join in if there’s still room. If not, look forward to the next opportunity for one of these.

Currently pending approval.

2 Likes

Nice. It’d be good to clean up the list for the June date and see how many on each team we’ve got. Thanks for spearheading this!

Also - assuming nothing comes up with the wife/baby, I’d be willing to captain the Houston team if there are no other takers.

Yes. We’ve got decent numbers but it is not uncommon for things to come up and spots to open.

1 Like
2 Likes

With a group this large, is there any chance PD knocks down the premium rate for their tee times a smidge? Yes I know they already do 1/2 price replay, but that’s only good for the same day.

I will ask. The deal is for the 4 person condo (particularly spread over three days). $425 for two nights and 4 rounds. I’ll put what I find out in event thread.

Delaware Springs remains a gem in the Texas hill country. They’ve let it go dormant, and the greens are pretty quick while remaining receptive to shots. Course is in great shape, and for <$50 it’s one of the best deals running. Had a great round out there this morning with my dad and two of our buddies.

5 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: save the date Saturday, April 24th for the Red River Refuge Rally (R4) at Dornick Hills. Be one of the last to play it pre-resto!

Details on sign up coming soon for our man on the scene @rdvern but will include a team competition vs your friends in far north Texas aka Oklahoma…

19 Likes

In on this. Haven’t played Dornick since high school golf.

2 Likes

oh this sounds interesting…would love to play pre Doak Renovation

2 Likes

I’d probably be down as well. With a currently 4 month old it’s a little hard knowing what will be going down but I’ll mark it on the calendar.

2 Likes