A thread for the Texas folks

I’m not familiar with the area/airbnb situation but on property seems like a good time.

I selfishly choose on site since the June date is the only one I could make.

Staying on site is a great experience. They’re super laid back and as long as you aren’t trashing everything they really let you do what’re (putting and chipping contests on 18th green).

2 Likes

The only date I can make is May 22/23 would love to make it out for the inaugural match but i will not be in Texas the other weekend.

open for either date, def preference for staying onsite

I’ve never stayed onsite but its in BFE. I don’t have high hopes for local lodging and would rather enjoy a few drinks and walk to my room for the night.

3 Likes

Local lodging would likely be in nearby Palestine. There are some relatively newish basic business hotels there on the main highway - kind of Sweetens-esque that way. Onsite certainly preferable. I probably can’t make the June date.

I’ve done three overnights at PD. It’s literally in BFE - you’re at least 8 miles from the nearest food joint of ANY sort, farther to a hotel you’d actually want to sleep in. Staying on-site, however, is the bomb. To that point, we’ll need to solve for a group dinner and breakfast. A group our size will overwhelm the one-guy-working-the-bar-and-the-kitchen setup they have :). I guess we don’t HAVE to solve for a group dinner, folks can just pack in and pack out in coolers for themselves (that’s probably easier in year 1). Just know that the restaurant closes at 6, but playing 36 we’ll still be on the course.

I’m down for the June weekend, and I’d like one of the singles please. I’ll likely go Friday mid-day and get in a practice round, so a room Friday night is a plus (or I can grab a hotel nearby).

In non-covid times, I would 100pct arrange bus service each day for us. Split this many ways, it would be cheap, and we could get to a Sheraton or something in Palestine or south Tyler.

would stay on site. Seems like a lot of fun. But I would still play in event even if we aren’t on site.

Yeah this is well said. I’d also still play.

@Tron have you picked a side yet? And is June 5th righty Tron yet?

I’ll be staying in Henderson so I’m good for either weekend

All in on staying on site. I went out in November and stayed in a Vrbo house in Downtown Frankston…do not recommend😬

Dang I won’t be able to go those dates for June

Sadly I don’t think those June dates work for me, I know it may not be ideal but from the initial feedback we’re getting should we shoot for another date? Maybe in the fall?

Either date works for me. Would probably prefer to stay on-site based on locale.

I’m interested in attending, though it would be a helluva drive. My first question is, as I believe I’m the only nesticle south of San Antonio, would I fit on a team?

1 Like

I haven’t been but would be interested in staying on property in one of the singles

I think RGV would likely go with team SA/ATX unless we need even numbers.

1 Like