3BR 4.0 July 20 2024 10 AM - Pete Dye River Course - Blacksburg VA - sign ups open

This place doesn’t play terrible long, the problem is Pete Dye is a sneaky ass bitch and someone shoulda shanked him

1 Like

Holy smokes. That’s crazy. Just pulled it up. 4 pars 4s over 5bills. Looks like a lovely start… 615 par 5, 530 par 4, 212 par 3. Then you finish the front with 264 par 3, 515 par 4, and 630 par 5…

The par 3 variety is nice though. Always important to have a shortie (192 #17) and then you get 212, 247, 264. At least you’re not hitting 7i into all 4!

1 Like

on the 3s we usually get 165, 215, 180 (+12 for uphill), 175. first two across wind from right prevailing, second two in from the left. Just a blast.

1 Like

Damn filled up quick. Nice work Andrew, building that 3BR Brand. Couple thoughts. Tips have great looks, but if wind is up or course is not baked it plays gross long. Last year I hosted folks wanting to play an extra round the day before at Roanoke CC. Since this year the tournament will be out in the hills, and further away from Roanoke, I can set up tee times at Blacksburg CC if there is interest. Lastly, I will make sure the co-ops and health food stores all are stocked with bread and cookies since I do not want to hear @Wholefoods bitching and sending me pictures of empty shelves again.

3 Likes

We like that, I’ve unfortunately got a wedding I must attend that Saturday. Here’s to hoping it falls through!

3 Likes

Tim sign up with the nc side, you’re a co host for this event and you will be 100% playing if you are available. I just assumed you’d be there in my mind.

Playing for the first time this year Saturday, hope you got you got out today

That round was amazing; I hope to get up and down from a trashcan at BCC if it is in the cards!

1 Like

I went ahead and paid and stole a Carolina spot. Will be filling a cooler with Beales to bring back to RVA! Would be interested in getting an airbnb to turn this into an epic weekend.

2 Likes

If you wanna take 460 home we can eat there after the round

1 Like

Signed up for the great state of NC. I’d be traveling to Blacksburg from Greensboro.

You mean the wedding… for your brother in law??

2 Likes

Not my BIL, I’m a slightly better person than that

1 Like

Unfortunately have to pull out, which is a bummer. Hope everyone enjoys it, and Go Hokies.

2 Likes

I’ve added another tee time for this, we are set at 37 for now but I can most definitely take more. If we get more than 30 spots we can give an NIT spot. We will give that spot to the quota individual winner and not worry about the team format any longer, though I’d love for some side bets and shit to go down, looking at you @Fore20

1 Like

Just had to pull out as I’m stuck out here in Bend all summer on a contract. I guess there are worse things.

2 Likes

Update: will be entirely a single format, all side bets on things on your own.

I am posting the available tee times on the sheet tomorrow. Feel free to start signing up for a specific tee time at that point, planning when you want to arrive and such.

Anyone else interest in either friday or sunday golf can get that going as well.

1 Like

Sign ups for the first 32 spots are live. If you have paid the $10 donation, feel free to grab a spot on the sign up sheet now. I should have another tee time added on to it for 33-36 golfers once RC confirms back via email.

Is it supposed to be two VA people and two NC people in each pairing or does that not matter?

1 Like

nah, its too unbalanced and since we are now getting an NIT spot if we have over 30, just made it a singles event based on quota.

Feel free to line up a side match kind of thing, I got a grudge match on mine

3 Likes

40 tee spots are now on the sheet and open

1 Like