3BR 4.0 July 20 2024 10 AM - Pete Dye River Course - Blacksburg VA - sign ups open

im going to listen to pete dye this go around and play the tees that it suggests on the sign

1 Like

Iā€™m in! Play the course as it was built. They wouldnā€™t have put tees there if you werenā€™t supposed to play themā€¦

1 Like

I will email the pro and ask for the blacks to be out because they typically are not

1 Like

Sure, make a smooth Par 90 while we are at it.

2 Likes

I want to hurt.

I donā€™t think anybody wants to see me play a Pete Dye course from the tips.

1 Like

BLACK

• 72PAR
  • 7685YARDS
  • 77.5RATING
  • 145 SLOPE
2 Likes

Holes 1-3 arenā€™t too bad TBH, then around hole 4/5 Pete turns the heat up and by around 15 youā€™re a whipping boy and just happy to not be in the river and stuff.

If the guy at the clubhouse tells you the river doesnā€™t come into play, slap him

2 Likes

QONVIyz

Signed up for the NC side. Hokie alum and love an excuse to play the River course. Sending my $10 now, sounds like a good cause.

I believe @Smidler and I have a tie to settle from last yearā€™s match play, so maybe some side matches?? :rofl: Which Iā€™ll promptly lose.

Iā€™m terrible at checking posts here or whats app, so I marked this thread and Iā€™ll stay tuned as we get closer.

2 Likes

You know how during marathons it gets dark out but there is always a group of people cheering on that one special person that takes 12 hours to run it?

That will be you all cheering me on if I play the tips.

4 Likes

having 240 into par 4s is not something I appreciate either, feel free to join me at the +3s

4 Likes

It sounds like we should be in the same group

1 Like

The only hole worth tipping out is 6. Sending it from up top on the rocks is super fun.

2 Likes

Assuming thereā€™s no other competing events on the same day?

3 Likes

I went ahead and got a room for Sat night that I can cancel. Just need to see what time report is at on Sunday. If later, Iā€™ll just leave early Sunday and enjoy the evening with everyone.

Thanks again for setting up.

1 Like

77.5 isā€¦wow. Mentally bracing myself. And just for the heck of it I went to check the rating of this place called Purgatory outside Indianapolis. Not my best score ever, but I think my best round I ever played. Shot +1 and didnā€™t really make anything. Probably in the 30s on putts.

Purgatory Tees:
7,754 yards
78.1 rating
142 slope

This is making me want to go back. I think we did the whole trip for like $400/pp. Purgatory, Bear Slide, Trophy Club, Brickyard Crossing. 8 rounds including food, gas, Airbnb. What a stealā€¦ @OTPLefty you around this summer?

always. Weā€™ll add Pfau to that, 80.2/155 from the back. Makes Purgatory look like pitch and putt. 7900+, par 71.

1 Like

SmartSoggyAlbertosaurus-size_restricted

5 Likes

I played a 7500 yard setup, it was laughable. There were basically four par fours that were 5s, and a 265 yard par three.

I play the third set up, 6700. And thatā€™s probably too long.

2 Likes