2nd Annual North Star Shootout - July 10th, 2021 ***WRAP UP - POST 1858***

Ladies and Gentlemen,
The RACDG Frozen North contingent, in partnership with the 2021 MN Match Play tournament, is proud to bring you the 2nd Annual North Star Shootout!

We’re eager to build on the success of last year’s event, which was attended by 55 Refugees. There will be a few new wrinkles to the 2020 version:

• Our MN Match Play tourney leading up to the NSS will result in 4 finalists, instead of only two.
  • The four finalists will battle to determine the two teammates who will represent the MN contingent during the Midwest “Ope”-in at Lawsonia on August 20th & 21st.
  • The event venue is moving in 2021 to Braemar Golf Course in Edina, MN.

For any of you unfamiliar with Braemar, it’s a wonderful municipal course that was renovated a couple years ago to create an exciting Championship 18 and nine hole Par 3 course. This event will actually play across both courses, with the Par 3 course in the early AM and the Championship 18 being played beginning in the late morning. We’re going to have a ridiculous amount of fun!

Event details are as follows:

When: Saturday, July 10th, 2021
Where: Braemar Golf Course (Both the Championship 18 and Academy 9)
Time: Academy 9 - Early AM, Championship 18 - Late AM (Tee times; no shotgun start)
Cost: $110 per player (Includes greens fees, cart fees, range balls)

The cost listed is for golf only and will increase slightly to account for tee gifts to be handed out at the event. An updated logo, merch, charitable cause will be released as we get into the new year.

You can register using the link below; we have spots at this point for 60 attendees after which we will start a wait list. Based on last year’s event anyone on the wait list will likely be able to attend due to drop outs or withdrawals leading up to the date of.

All Refugees are welcome, regardless of where you live or what contingent you play with. Please reach out to myself or @Taylorda with any questions. We look forward to seeing everyone next summer!

33 Likes

Lets.

Go.

4 Likes

Did I mention Braemar also has a huge driving range, chipping area and putting green? We’ll likely see some post-event gambling on their outdoor bocce course as well!

9 Likes

This is going to be ELITE

2 Likes

@davidc coming in for this one???

7 Likes

[laughs in Minnesotan]

Hello, friends. 2021 is shaping up real nicely.

11 Likes

I cannot believe you pulled this off @BaxterMSP this is going to be SIIIIIIICK

3 Likes

6 Likes

Start cooking up the flatulence now. I’ll need at least 10 drivers to find the fairway.

4 Likes

Looking forward to my first trip to Minnesota! LFG!

11 Likes

Please hunt all of the mosquitos by July. I’m sensitive.

3 Likes

Throwing my hat into the ring here. Tentative, but let’s get this on the books and do this thing.

I can always convince the wife to do a MN/ND road trip.

edit: ha, she already approved the idea.

8 Likes

We’ll have that course fogged and dripping with chemicals…you’ll be all set!

3 Likes

So you’re suggesting everyone play bare foot?

1 Like

Just @Snellspace…he loves that shit

4 Likes

Missed out this year. Pumped to join next year

1 Like

@Zocco has entered the chat

2 Likes

There is a guy who is a member at the course in Wisconsin where my father in law is a member and he plays barefoot every round. Typically plays a group or two ahead of my FIL’s standing Saturday morning games and it blows my mind every time.

Unreal. Have you asked him why? Does he use AimPoint??

2 Likes

I haven’t had the courage to ask him. I have to say, his feet look freaking gnarly as I’ve seen him at the turn before leaving the clubhouse haha