2nd Annual North Star Shootout - July 10th, 2021 ***WRAP UP - POST 1858***

You had me at “Par 3 course”

Also as an unofficially official “honorary Minnesotian Refugee” I wouldn’t miss this for the world

5 Likes

As somebody from Wisconsin, I can just safely assume that at some point he went completely insane like about 1/3 of the state.

2 Likes

We’ve got a couple of guys at my course that play barefoot. I’m not so much worried about the chemicals as all the goose shit.

Also, I hear this can happen if Ship Sticks loses your clubs on the way to the NIT. Shout out @phegs32.

3 Likes

And @chrisisoutrunning and @midwestgolfbum and whoever else is driving up/down 94 that wants to make another Sandbox run with me…let’s freaking go

1 Like

VERY in for this!

2 Likes

Little teaser for you non-MN attendees that have never played, or heard of, Braemar. Quick description of the Par 3 course’s 5th hole:

Hole 5

The fifth hole is a new hole that plays to the location of the old fifth green site. The hole plays downhill and does not have any bunkers, but golfers that miss the green will have to contend with uneven lies and awkward stances for errant shots. It also features a Mini-Biarritz green to challenge golfers. The wetland to the right of the green has been cleaned out and expanded to improve water quality and habitat for wildlife. The new hole plays anywhere from 108 yards from the Forward Tee to 177 yards from the Tournament Tee.

5 Likes

Will depend on whether my wife is with and/or I’m picking up my boys from my parents on my way back to Madison, but you can consider me highly interested.

3 Likes

If I’m reading this right, don’t miss the green and even then, be sure you’re in the right spot?

1 Like

Excited is an understatement, thanks @BaxterMSP for organizing!

4 Likes

That’s correct. Very excited to toss this par 3 component into the competition.

1 Like

Hey @imsocrabby…why don’t you sign up and come visit MN in the summertime? You could even link up with fellow Ringer attendees in the area!

5 Likes

count me in. so many MN peeps I need to see.

8 Likes

Wait…I might have to pass on Friday golf since apparently this is the ONLY tour event I can work next year

Some say the North Star Shootout is there actual 5th major…

6 Likes

There was a North Star Shootout in 2020. There was no British Open.

Who can really say?

6 Likes

For everyone else… @imsocrabby opens the betting as a 3-2 favorite to win the overall title.

3 Likes

I should have included it in the signup sheet but if I Monday in with my Wilson #yotb set I’m going to have to miss Thursday and Friday.

4 Likes

@ChrisP1 and I just found out we’ve been visiting the same lake that is super small and in the middle of nowhere our whole lives because of the sign-up sheet.

Does this go in Refuge missed connections?

3 Likes

Need a caddy? 6 year vet of the pro-am on Wednesday…plus 5 personal rounds at Deere Run

2 Likes

Dude! 3-year vet of the Valero Texas Open pro-am

3 Likes