2CGC Chicagoland Par 3 Tour - 2024 (Presenting Sponsorship Available)

Could it be a play and post regular season - play a designated 8 courses by a certain date and post the scores.

Then have a playoff series in person for the final few rounds?

Midweek evening travel is going to be a nightmare.

1 Like

This. Don’t live in Chicago but I have experienced this many, many times.

2 Likes

This was also a thought, but the idea is to play as often as possible with other Refuge folks.

Maybe we do a “3 day window” each week where we get at least one group of folks together to play?

2 Likes

Play in groups of 3 on a par 3 course in a 3 day window. Let’s take this 3 theme as far as it can possibly go.

For the real sickos, how about a 3 ball worst ball scramble?

1 Like

With 3 clubs :eyes:

2 Likes

3 club 3 ball worst ball scramble would really be some sick depraved golf self flagellation. And I would want to try.

Zigfield over Twin lakes? Oof

You should probably just drop this one. I live 5 minutes from there and probably wouldn’t participate

I think if you did it in the highest course population you would get more attendance. I think a lot of this group lives/works in the NW suburbs and there is a good hotspot around DesP/Arlington Heights

1 Like

Do we think this would work better if it was a 3-5 course rotation?
Weber, Winnetka, Antesberger, Des Plaines, Nickol Knoll

Or just play every week at the 18 hole Lake Park?

3 Likes

Maybe limit to these but have more rounds at the courses closer to the airport. Gotta have one at zigfield because of the history but it’s a lot further south than most of the list

In short, do what you want @TCRBrad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How about three or four NW, N , W and SW regional circuits culminating in a season-ending… Three -for-all?

3 Likes

If we get enough people - this sounds EPIC

1 Like

Very interested in this, but for me it ultimately comes down to what day of the week it is since I work nights. If it’s a Monday or Tuesday I’m in.

2 Likes

Being in the south, I am ready to commit to a SW league with a season playoff. That being said, I’d still probably end up going NW if I absolutely had to on one night a week.