2023 “Ope”-in Raffle

It comes that time with our event that the raffle tickets are officially for sale. Details are below:

What will it cost me?

Tickets will be 1 for $20, 3 for $50, 7 for $100

How do I pay you @midwestgolfbum?

Venmo and PayPal both accepted. @midwestgolfbum for both. PLEASE include your handle and ticket purchase amounts. Should you wish to add any additional donation, you may do so this way, as well.

Do I have to be at the event to win?

No! I will ask that you and the person who donated the item discuss shipping, though.

What is the money going towards?

Something near and dear to one of my close friends, @Battisstatus’s heart and life, Gillette Children’s Hospital. He has a nice write up for what it means to him in the Ope event thread, but I know he’s happy to answer questions if you may have any.

What is available to win?

When will the drawing take place?

Next week Wednesday, August 16th sometime in the evening central time.

I will welcome anybody who wishes to add to the donation list to do so until Wednesday afternoon, when I will lock the list.

Any questions, let me know!

14 Likes

Gonna throw some donations up there today. You want me to ship to you or ship direct?

2 Likes

Ship direct to a winner would be fine, but it’s your call.

2 Likes

That works for me!

2 Likes

If you win one of the towels I had made I will hand it to you personally at the Ope.

2 Likes

Just so I’m clear about how many tickets to buy…all tickets bought are just going into the same bucket and for each prize, one ticket is drawn? Or if we buy multiple tickets, we can designate which items we want?

You buy as many tickets as you wish, I will go down the list and draw a name from those who bought tickets. Items will go in a random order due to @ajvhandel being very generous with the Milwaukee donations, and if you buy 7 tickets, you have 7 chances to win.

If I’m not making sense, let me know, trying to pretend to work today too.

3 Likes

Venmo sent.

I can’t tell you all how much this means to me and so many families out there.

Y’all are support a great cause.

10 Likes

I wanted to clarify that the cooking class with @jwfickett is a virtual class where he will teach you (and friends) how to make a dinner which is mutually agreed upon. The class will be about 90 minutes or so in duration
Here’s some of his work
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/what-s-cooking-part-1/7731/226?u=alczervik
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/what-s-cooking-part-1/7731/830?u=alczervik
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/what-s-cooking-part-1/7731/3612?u=alczervik

5 Likes

I am still piecing together the Titleist gift pack, but I can confirm it will include a Scotty Cameron Divot Tool for those who are interested in that sort of thing.

5 Likes

Would you like to add a Titleist TSR valuables pouch to that pack? I got it at an event and its been sitting on my desk for a couple months unused and brand new.

2 Likes

I was going to buy a valuables pouch to go with it, so if you’re offering, it would mean I could add something else to the prize pack as well.

So, long story longer, YES.

1 Like

Sure, Ill bring it with me to the Ope. Traveling at the moment but here’s a photo I found online of the same thing.

2 Likes

SWEET. Thank you!

2 Likes

For those potentially interested, I got the headcover photos from Brenda last night.

29 Likes

BIG OPE ENERGY :joy: hell yeah

8 Likes

Very happy about that patch

1 Like

I am happy to answer any questions about zoom cooking classes. I’ve done several. Please feel free to send me a DM. Excited to contribute to a great cause and thank you to @AlCzervik for reaching out!

3 Likes

Golfers Journal event? I got one last year at one of their events.

1 Like

That fliers club x nlu event at highland links this year.

2 Likes