2022 NLU Texas Cup (Frankston, TX): 2022, May 13-15 - Still at Pine Dunes - Signup Post #77

1 Like

Last year we topped HTX by 3 in the singles session.

6 Likes

So…who took the belt??

It stays exactly where it belongs
Austin/San Antonio 15.5
Houston 14
DFW 6.5

12 Likes

I’ll post the full results in a day or two when either I or @jsteve15 put them into a google doc.

Houston took an early lead in Singles, winning full points on 4 early matches. But Austin/San Antonio brought it home strong, winning the last 5 full points to take it. Some incredible golf played this weekend, but far more importantly an incredible hang. Everyone involved are top-notch people, and this is rapidly becoming the cornerstone of my early-summer golf schedule.

I’m exhausted.

20 Likes

Where’s the sign up sheet for next year? I’m trying to put my name down now.

10 Likes

Thanks to all the captains and folks who put all this together. The hard work doesn’t go unnoticed here. Appreciate it!

13 Likes

To everyone involved - players, raffle ticket buyers, significant others, grandparents, pet sitters, baby sitters, and car pool drivers … phenomenal weekend. I finished the tally for our donation, and the breakdown is below. $2,225 will go to the Austin Firefighters Relief and Outreach Fund. I’m incredibly thankful for all of you, and I’m buying the first round whenever we can get together and play again.

This concept is without a doubt the best part of the Nest / Roost / Refuge - like minded lunatics coming together in support of something good, held together by golf.

Donation Breakdown
Entries Cost Total
Raffle 270 $5 $1,350
Hats $125
Skins 25 $60 $750 50/50 donation
Total Donation $2,225
8 Likes

Each-match results still need some formatting, but here are the session point totals …

Total
Austin 15.5
Houston 14
Dallas 6.5
Fourball
Austin 4
Houston 4
Dallas 1
Greensomes
Austin 3.5
Houston 3.5
Dallas 2
Singles
Austin 8
Houston 6.5
Dallas 3.5
10 Likes

Hey all the Captains just wanted to say thank you so much for another successful weekend! This is a staple on our calendar and we really appreciated everyone showing up and vibing with us!

Below are the individual match records for those that are interested:

Also please fill out the Google Form posted in the WhatsApp by @SpiethGotMono to provide feedback and make next year even better. No need to mention pace…I think we all know that it was unacceptable and are looking at ways to avoid backups next year. Again thanks for any and all contributions each of you made. Texas Forever!

12 Likes

I literally don’t remember my fourball match with @the_korn_ferry. Which makes me and @Darikashi’s 6&5 that afternoon pretty fucking sick.

5 Likes

That’s because you blacked out and snapped your lob wedge

5 Likes

I’ve been meaning to ask how “accidental” that actually was …

4 Likes

All the holes post taking the 60 out of play we’re sick too

4 Likes

What a delightful pairing that was.

3 Likes

The actual breaking of the club was accidental. The tomahawk was not.

2 Likes

Also, please give me a one liner about your match/favorite match. Working on the recap for the STROHS.club website. I couldn’t be everywhere at once, so I need your help with memories.

“Shots for net pars?”

12 Likes

4 Likes

@drewski and myself really tested the limits of that 3 drives a 9. You really need a system in place where you know when its your time to blast it in the brush.

10 Likes