NLU Texas Cup (Formerly Bucc-ees Cup) Pine Dunes June 5/6 2021

Also, give villains.golf a follow on Instagram if you liked the yellow rose/skull ballmarkers from @Darikashi

https://instagram.com/villains.golf?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

Before you send, we need to include all birdie, bogey, and double bogey pledges!

5 Likes

Oh hey, I know @Snellspace. First refugee that I’ve recognized

3 Likes

7 Likes

Shout out to @the_korn_ferry. Ball first, baby. Shoutout to @CMTX and @Toblerone47 for making my debut competitive round of golf a fucking match.

Shout out to @Darikashi for letting me get vibey in alt-shot. Also, shout out to @cgroom and @rmaas91 for putting up with all the vibes, both good and bad.

Shout out to @McBusted for being a class act singles opponent and being gracious in vanquishing my ass. You were a silent killer on Sunday.

And finally, mega shoutout to @SaveMuny @ajsHTX and @SpiethGotMono for throwing a great party interspersed with the occasional round of golf. The only negative number I posted all weekend was my recovery score.

16 Likes

Scoreboard colors match our hats.

16 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

The hole-by-hole of my match with @CMTX against @desperateunder105 and @the_korn_ferry would be SICK. I don’t think there was ever a lead bigger than 1up and we made a couple bombs to cover up birdies. What a way to kick off the weekend.

8 Likes

clearly @ajsHTX and I were feeling it…

5 Likes

Me walking into Pine Dunes:

bryson after

Me leaving Pine Dunes:
bryson before

14 Likes

Freaking incredible match! Loved every minute of it. Adrenaline was pumping! Thanks to @SaveMuny and other captains for organizing. Team Houston has a full year of soul searching and practice ahead of us.

9 Likes

It’s true Houston did not fare well this year. Is it because we have already saved our Muni(Gus) and we didn’t have as much to fight for? We will be back that is certain.

5 Likes

houston gave it all we had, including your car’s battery.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to staying on-site wherever we land next year.

4 Likes

Donation has been made to Andrews Treatment and Learning Center in Tyler, TX. Final amount: $3100

Currently working on filling out the charitable contribution matching receipt for my company to see if they will match!

Thanks all for donating!

13 Likes

Just a random question here. I know we played match play and not stroke play and I don’t know if anyone kept up but I saw someone say in this thread or the other that a 65 was out there? I’ve played that course a lot and with really good golfers and I’ve never seen anyone get close to that. Anyone know what the low round was for everyone?

From the blue tees, I think @Ofrygolf or @HellerHighwater could go pretty damn low (I know we had a few other scratch-ish golfers, those are just the two I played with). Not sure about -7 low, but 2 is driveable on a dry day, 5 is reachable, 9 is reachable, 7 and 13-14-15 should all be wedge in, and 18 is basically a par 4. Avoid a big number and 65 wouldn’t be the craziest thing I’d ever heard.

I think it would take a pretty perfect round of golf to be playing aggressive enough there to get to -7 as well as stay away from a big number. There’s some demons out there for sure.

3 Likes

That 10-11-12 stretch fucking owned my ass, so many dumb decisions.

2 Likes

That Sunday pin on 12 was awesome though.

Agreed on 11, I look back and hate every idea I had on that hole

4 Likes