2022 NLU Texas Cup (Frankston, TX): 2022, May 13-15 - Still at Pine Dunes - Signup Post #77

Austin (CHAMPS), Houston and Dallas peeps, it’s time to fire up the planning for the 2022 NLU Texas Cup. The 2021 edition, held at Pine Dunes in the booming metropolis of Frankston, Texas, was an unqualified success. 36 refugees gathered to play three official rounds in a Ryder Cup-inspired format, and the Austin team rose to the challenge with a fairly dominating win. The planning committee is hard at work on the 2022 event, and by that I mean we circulated a few DMs on here last week and realized we should probably pick a date sometime soon, and do some other stuff too.

So, please respond to the poll below. There will undoubtedly be things that pop up which end up ruling out one (or more) of these weekends, but this is the starting point. We want to avoid Masters weekend, and Memorial Day weekend. The earlier in the year, the better the weather (it was pretty hot in June), and while April or early May get a decent amount of rain in Texas, later in May and June bring more chance for severe weather. That said, there’s more daylight the closer we get to June. All things come with tradeoffs.

Please pick three options. There will be a further narrowing of target dates before we plunk down a credit card, so for now just pick your top 3 options.

This thread will NOT be the event thread; we’ll start a new one with the always-required Google sheet, witty banter, and endless gifs.

• April 22nd - 24th
  • April 29th - May 1st
  • May 6th - May 8th
  • May 13th - May 15th
  • May 20th - May 22nd
  • June 3rd - June 5th

0 voters

9 Likes

The man gets put in charge and he immediately dismisses the San Antonio contributions to the team. You seeing this shit, @jbrooks?

6 Likes

This is fair feedback, and will be taken under consideration by the executive planning committee.

1 Like

Just a head up that the Bandon NLU trip conflicts with the April 22nd date and obviously we’re all getting through that lottery process.

3 Likes

Don’t you doubt it

1 Like

I have been practicing. Good chance I will actually be worse.

6 Likes

It’s the number 1 vote getter at the moment but if we could avoid a conflict with the ABandoned event that would selfishly be awesome for me.

4 Likes

As someone who would like to have @cgroom as their alt shot partner again, it would also be selfishly great for me if we could accommodate this request

2 Likes

During the pendency of your handicaps being reviewed, it’s inadvisable for you two to be partnered together.

4 Likes

Looking forward to some DFW redemption!

2 Likes

1 Like

Keep eyes here for an announcement hopefully this week. Housing secured just locking down tee times.

7 Likes

Still haven’t attended an NLU related event, and I’m kicking myself for missing this last year. I definitely want to try to make it in.

If I’m in, I’m definitely staying on site this year. That was one of my dumber decisions last time.

3 Likes

Let’s goooooo.

Will the dates conflict with Bandon and Abandoned?

It will not

5 Likes

Count me in this time around. I moved to Dallas a month after the event this year.

3 Likes

You have to take a True Texan test to pass.

Quick, without looking it up, how did Sam Houston defeat Santa Anna to win Texas’s freedom?

1 Like

He made Santa Anna stand in line in Whataburger and it took so long that he died.

9 Likes