2021 South Carolina Refuge Event

Myrtle Beach Golf Regions Ranked

1. South (Pawleys, Murrells, Garden City)
  2. Brunswick County, NC
  3. North Myrtle (N Myrtle, Cherry Grove, Little River)
  4. Central Myrtle
3 Likes

Murrells>>>>>>everywhere else

3 Likes

My vote for Myrtle was 100% an assumption this would end up a pawleys island trip.

8 Likes

Same.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never viewed 1 and 2 as Myrtle Beach

1 Like

Same here.

Itā€™s the Myrtle Beach Golf Market. Not really a fan of Myrtle proper either.

1 Like

There are some good courses in Myrtle, Dunes Club, Grande Dunes, Arcadian, across the ICW you have Legends (Heathland is pretty damn good), Myrtle Beach National (except South Creek, just didnā€™t like it), Wild Wing are fun.

1 Like

Pawleys is on another level. The True Blue, Caledonia, Heritage combo is one of the best trios within a mile of each other anywhere and are insanely good (POP at Heritage not withstanding).

5 Likes

Pine Lakes also pretty solid central strand.
Pawleys for me tho. Love Pawleys, not ashamed.

1 Like

Thatā€™s def what Iā€™ve been looking into :point_up_2:

2 Likes

Iā€™m in

Pawleys Plantation and Debordieu also strong.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m in for Myrtle beach if itā€™s held
Entirely south of grand strand hospital.

3 Likes

The old ride on the gondola. Every year a few people would jump off the gondola into the ICW.

3 Likes

North of north is the best when considering price. But donā€™t tell anyone. I donā€™t need a bunch of tourists overrunning my golf courses!

2 Likes

Played Founders Club two weeks ago (in that same mile stretch). I might be jaded by the lack of good value golf in Richmond, but it was a great course for 35 bucks. Not in the same league as True Blue and others, but solid if you want to play for cheap.

1 Like

Going to a wedding at CC of Charleston in January - wife is going to be pissed when I go to patio and look at the course all night

4 Likes

The new locker rooms & workout areas are really impressive. Such a cool spot all around.

I only selected Myrtle for True Blue and Caledonia.

1 Like