Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Whatcha doin’ on Nov 7th?

3 Likes

Welcome! I just joined this community myself over the summer and have met nothing but great people to play golf and have a few beers with.

4 Likes

Go on…

1 Like

*cough

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks…I’ll run this by my super skeptical better half. :joy:

If my schedule is clear, would love to do it.

3 Likes

There was some concern from my girlfriend when I started meeting my “internet golf friends” in NC over the summer.

She has come to accept it by now.

There is a thread for that:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/how-do-you-explain-the-refuge-to-non-refugees-who-is-erica-herman/12218

1 Like

Has anyone on here played Villa Olivia?

Place is super close by, it’s an OG Dick Nugent, obviously has some elevation change (ski hill) and looks like it would be OOZING Strapped vibes.

Thinking about using my open afternoon to venture out there with some 2 piece golf balls and ham&egging a round together

Played it once a couple years ago, nothing special but if you can get it for around $25-$30 I’d say it’s worth it.

1 Like

$28 with cart and an open tee sheet means I’ll DEFINITELY be playing 2 balls today

2 Likes

What’s the good word?

1 Like

Did one of you start a #FreeTheRav movement?

11 Likes

Finally got a hold of him…Lawsonia is off. They extended the vouchers for everyone through 2021

1 Like

Nice. Only a couple hundred more to go

1 Like

I heard Claude wanted to plant one in the middle of the 18th green.

2 Likes

Oh HELL yes

1 Like

I really hope @thefriedegg’s article lit a fire under their ass and is leading to a major tree removal. I can’t imagine they developed a comprehensive plan so quickly but the fact that they’ve published some tree removal photos could indicate they’re aware of the criticism.

2 Likes

They’re probably only clearing trees to put in more stupid tee boxes

4 Likes

Oh they just punched greens. I played tuesday afternoon. It was uhhhh not good.

2 Likes

Match Play and rub of the green? @TheAbeFroman

2 Likes