Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Yeah, sorry man

15 Harborside Port - Obligatory
18 Harborside Starboard - You’re usually driving into a flock of seagulls

I actually love the green complex at 15 Port, and I’d argue that 18 Port is worse than 18 Starboard just with how narrow that fairway is

2 Likes

@ChiFFI and I are playing our match this Sunday at Pine Meadows. Have 2 spots open at 9:01am if anyone wants to tag along.

4 Likes

I have 1 spot potentially 2 spots open at Kankakee Elks this Saturday at 9:40. Let me know if anyone is interested @Ballwackerguy

Sunday? YUP. I wanna see this happnen.

Do I need to grab a tee time or is the spot already booked?

1 Like

I might bail on Lawsonia, so let me know as well about Pine Meadows

1 Like

We booked the foursome so you two are in. I expect lots of side action.

2 Likes

It’s me…the on course reporter:

4 Likes

If you don’t bail on lawsonia (why would you do that?), I’ll take the fourth spot.

2 Likes

That’s it?

1 Like

Well I’m kind of injured so 18 sounds more doable than 36 and it’s supposed to be a lot shittier weather up there. I’ll let you tomorrow morning.

1 Like

I would probably average five rounds a week in the summer, hopefully 1-2 a week during the school year.

2 Likes

You mentioned you bought Black Friday passes - what are the details on those? Is it like 36 holes and a lunch type deal? My family has a cottage about an hour north of there so I might grab some for me and my Dad to burn next summer.

They were 40% off the peak 18 hole rate (so cost $60) with a cart but the late season rate is $50 so they are worth less than I paid for at this point.

1 Like

Need another day to get it figured out, the head pro has been out two days in a row

1 Like

(Lottery ticket landed, purchased. Refuge meetup supplies)

1 Like

Ah fuck I’m so jealous. I’m gonna sign up various family members for the Binnys and Jewel lotteries i hopes of landing some.

Unfortunately earliest pickup is during the Shores event, or after, or I’d share the win.

1 Like

Good to know.

After the 12th time of some lame ass regulars canceling, my wife told me I need to seek out some new golf peeps…I excitedly tell her about stumbling in to the Chicagoland NLU thread…and it seems like a good way to meet new golfers in the area for 2021…

I look up and she’s sitting on the couch like…

Hoping to make events like Cog / OFCC next year. Really jealous seeing pictures.

7 Likes