Where did you play this week? (Part 2)

Love the gang so much, always such a blast. Thanks for enduring a 15 mile hour and a half drive home brotha @1NoVaPar

5 Likes

Perhaps the best value for money in golf I’ve been able to find. Used to love stopping off at ol NGLIC back when I used to beat up the I70 corridor between Columbus and Dayton.

1 Like

1000%

Played Wedgewood today- local private track in Columbus that hosts US open final qualifying after the Memorial.

Just a top notch golf course-Turn 44 tomorrow so it’s great my buddies dad always takes me out for my bday.

Fucking sweet to watch my brother shoot -1.

21 Likes

19 Likes

Got out on my travels to the fantastic Stonewall Resort outside of Weston, WV. Don’t let the fact that it’s a Mister Palmer course fool you, it’s fun mountain golf at its best. Very reasonable after 3:00 rate of $50 and not crowded on a weekday evening. If you’ve got extra time in the area which I hope to have the next time I pass through you can even check out the old Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in nearby Weston. Gothic architecture with walls it’s probably better aren’t able to talk but can still tell quite the story I imagine.

19 Likes

We are still in the car!

2 Likes

I didn’t go anywhere or play any exotic courses this week. But we had the Ryder Cup-style tourney thing this weekend at my club and while hunting for my opponent’s ball when I sort of wished I was taking a nap, I thought, damn, how fortunate are we right now, to be able to have the time to hang out with each other in places like this?

13 Likes

I didn’t play anywhere special today, but the moment was special. I found myself at one of OKC’s local munis, Lincoln Park. This was my first round since last May. I had been waiting for this moment for some time. Putting a lot of expectation on it in my head. Often times, that is a recipe for disaster. This turned out to be anything but.

I was the first one off, playing as a single. The temperature was a perfect 60°. Little wind. The sun was just peeking over the horizon. I kept score, but only for histories sake. The score mattered little on the day.

The beauty and calmness of the morning was everything. It’s why we enjoy the walk. It’s the respite from what has been an incredibly stressful year. It was the perfect way to start an new chapter for me. Leaving behind chaos, anxiety, and fear. Reconnecting with myself and finding joy.

This morning was perfect and delivered like only golf can. What a beautiful game we play.

52 Likes

This is awesome @anon24074719. Welcome back homie!

8 Likes

Sounds like you’ve tried so hard and gotten so far. In the end, it does matter.

6 Likes

Played Deer Ridge this morning, about an hour north of Columbus. This is one of the better public tracks in the state.

Extremely sloopey greens and you can get donkey punched on em.

Played 4 rounds in 5 days- Felt fucking great to be able to play this many rounds after breaking my back 33 months ago.

16 Likes

There’s some incredibly fun shots on that course. Don’t sleep on the Black Dog Tavern afterward either.

1 Like

Played out at the Prairie Club in Valentine, NE this past weekend. 18 on the Dunes on Thursday, 36 on the Pines on Friday and 36 on the Dunes on Saturday. Really fun golf courses.

36 Likes

Also one more photo of the 10,000 bugs I killed driving from Minneapolis to Valentine, NE and back!

15 Likes

Went on the trip of a lifetime up to Bandon Dunes.

Day 1 Started with Old Mac. I took a billion pictures around the Ghost Tree, but will only post this one.

Then moved to Sheep Ranch in heavy marine layer. Had @Joezwickl in our group as my buddy’s caddy which was very necessary when we couldn’t see where the hell we were going.

Day 2 we played Trails. I picked this specific picture because I birdied this hole… and this hole only.

Followed it up with a casual trip around the Preserve.

Then, because we hadn’t played enough, checked out Shorty’s. Perfect way to end a day when the dogs were barking.

Day 3 started on Pac Dunes.

And finally we played the OG course.

But, that wasn’t enough so I drove up to Seattle and played Chambers with @Sarah.

My feet are tired.

68 Likes

We ate there afterwards- Really good food

1 Like

Very nice friend of mine invited me out to play Mesa country club in South Phoenix with him today. As a native Californian living in the desert, this course was a very welcome and refreshing change of pace. It is a parkland style course with tree lined narrowish fairways and smallish greens. Basically felt like an old school Los Angeles type golf course to me. Personally love this place and if I didn’t have so many kids I would join in a heartbeat

20 Likes

Played Grayhawk Talon. Thought it inferior to Raptor. But on more thought, felt Talon was monotonous- hit driver straight between desert left and right, then hit short iron in to uninteresting green. On further thought, realized this is true of a lot of desert courses. No angles, little strategy. Not trying to be a hater, just prefer a different type of golf. Please enlighten me of better desert tracks out there.

TPC Champions course is right down the road and has much more variety. Dove Valley Ranch is a little north, front 9 is much less of a desert course, back 9 more Deserty

1 Like