Waveland Breakfast Ball Club: 2024 (Chicago, IL)

Idk, I’m up for anything. Just tell me what to do :joy:

3 Likes

Tossed on a Sub request for next week. While I hate to miss the last slot, wife 1st day back from baby leave and I would like to not get stress murdered.

3 Likes

I’m a tremendously bad cart golf partner

2 Likes

How’d the worse ball scramble go for the first group?

We ended up doing a Masochist’s Fourball in honor of the President’s Cup. Everyone plays their own ball, but the worse net score of your pairing is the score that counts.

@FlapjackNickelsack and I may have won 4&3…but we kinda stopped keeping score.

Regardless, I’ve hit the saturation point on the year with ole Waveland. Going to have to think of something more engaging than playing my own ball for another 9 holes next week with minimal stakes.

3 Likes

What would you say to a higher stakes game for the last week? $2 per pt wolf or $100 match play might get the juices flowing

2 Likes

I think a wolf hammer game would be fun.

Also if anyone would like to do speed golf next week please let me know and I’ll have you go off first. Looking at you @FlapjackNickelsack and @rmbartell.

Looks like it will be myself vs @JAD in the final. Only fitting that two top seeds made it the final two after the four top seeds made it to the final four. We will again be going off last. This way WGN can cover the final few holes after the morning news. Coverage will begin on pheasant (off brand peacock) at 6:30am central next Thursday.

5 Likes

FYI next year we are shortening the season. With the majority of the population headed back to the office, having a tee times after 6:30 is not ideal. Thinking similar start in April with the last round being the week of labor day so around 20ish rounds.

4 Likes

I’ll take you on in a $100 match play showdown next week if that wasn’t a joke haha

You think we could get Capital One to sponsor this and air it on TNT?

1 Like

@djheadley guess we could also air it on the ‘Pheasant’ lol

2 Likes

I was not joking, anyone else besides me and Ryan that want to use up all their good will and try take a slightly uncomfortable amount of $ off of their friends? Sign up below :point_down:

2 Likes

'20, I think @TheAbeFroman got $1 pts to an uncomfortable amount - very doable on 9 holes!

Also if anyone wants to join, I will be at Wills Northwoods Thursday (9/29) night to celebrate the end WBC 2022. Thinking 7/7:30.

4 Likes

So many thoughts!

@djheadley - next Thurs 9/29? I’m there.

@PinkPantser - would be happy to moderate you and @rmbartell playing a $100 match, but that’s too rich for my blood.

3 Likes

I’ll be there as well

1 Like

Love it when the gang can get together outside of the golf course. It’s the dolphins vs bengals TNF so no one will be watching outside of @rmbartell who is somehow a Dolphins fan

3 Likes

2 AND 0 (until we get whacked by the Bills)

1 Like

I chuckled

3 Likes

Need sub for next thurs finale

1 Like

They pulled it off!!

1 Like