Waveland Breakfast Ball Club: 2024 (Chicago, IL)

fun catching up on this one gents.

i may be able to hop on the alt list for 9/22.

2 Likes

That’s correct - @Lockwoodj14 is out. No more questions at this time.

2 Likes

Looks like WGN will be catching the tail end of the WBC rounds.

3 Likes

I’m Jeff Jeffers reporting live from Sydney Marovitz Golf Course located along JBPDLS Drive on Chicago’s Near North Side, where what appears to be a dozen local psychopaths have queued in advance of sunrise here holding but one golf club each…more on this story and more at 9. Back to you desk!

11 Likes

“Why are some only playing with 1 club?!?”

1 Like

One club challenge reporting in with a solid 50 (23 putts)… all around it was awesome walking around with one club, a towel and a few tees.

9 Likes

Watching @JAD and @TrajMahal , I didn’t anticipate the 6i/7i putting challenge but should’ve. Blading a 56/60 is easier than 6/7.

We proposed a 2 club day, but that may put me in a 4i/5i with a 56.

4 Likes

Logged a SOLID 43 with my 8-iron today. Goal was bogey golf so 45. Hit 6/7 fairways, and only 1 GIR. 7 bogeys, 2 pars (#3, #7). 18 putts, but I did make about a 15 footer on 7 to save par.

Biggest takeaway was just that I was in control enough with the 8 iron that I could pick my spots and rarely was in a truly terrible spot. I hit one bunker on 6 but was able to get it on the green, and I was almost in the trees on my second shot on 9, but hit a sick floppy 8 over the lawnmower onto the green.

I had a blast, but not looking to do it again any time soon.

7 Likes

It was awesome, but I missed by driver and my putter

1 Like

I appreciated the thought exercise, but a 3 or 4 club challenge would’ve asked a lot of the same questions and been a little more fun in the end. Still glad we did it though.

1 Like

I think that may be the play for the last week 4 club challenge for those who don’t want to take part in speed golf.

Still biking to the course was an awesome experience.

Anyone get on tv with WGN?

This was my fear. Was really hoping no one beat me with one club. You came very close. 41 with a double on 9 with 110 in after a great drive. Sick!

6 Likes

Brought the whole bag and made a game time decision to join the 1-club party with an 8-iron.

My main takeaways were:

1. I’m not a bump and run player but I should probably learn how to be
  2. 50-75 yard shots require some serious “Federer finesse”
  3. I miss my putter

Just like the Sunday after a bachelor party, it was all fun and games in the moment but I’m now wining and dining my driver, putter and wedges at Bavette’s as an apology.

7 Likes

Today’s greens were not bump n run friendly.

1 Like

A group of us did that last year while you psychos ran. I beat my average score I think by 2 or 3 strokes. Says a lot while at the same time doesn’t say much about my game.

1 Like

Let’s spice things up on a Friday.

Here is our season-long Sandbagger - Vanity Index. This is not a personal attack on anyone, unless you take it to be. The numbers never lie.

6 Likes

Wow, this is the biggest complement I’ve received in my all of my years playing golf.

6 Likes

Adds up given my 1st half, no objection.

@BabblingBrooksKoepka coming in hot with stats to kill my EoW productivity. I’m really racking up the labels here, the “Over Sleeping Semi-Sandbagging Masochist” haha.

My WBC career is looking like that of the early 2000’s NY Giants:

• 2002 (2021): NY Giants at 10-6 had the worst PF (320) of playoff teams and were eliminated in the wildcard round. Can’t remember if we all made the playoffs last year but I limped in only to get closed out in 6 holes (0-5-1).

• 2003 (2022): NYG went 4-12. Pretty relatable to my near-last finish this year.

Following the NYG trend I should win in 2026? Can we get odds for that @PinkPantser? Hahaha

Maybe I only log my Sydney scores for my WBC HCP since I don’t play as well there and at 5am. Totally joking about this, I’m fully aware that it’s top 8 of 20+ rounds, but an average gross of 44.5 equates to a 15.9 so I could be aiming for a quota of 9 instead of 11. That shakes things up a bit, especially since my first few Syd rounds of the year would’ve made my HCP pretty high lol

Edit: Should state that the above ‘joke’ actually would kill me since 16 WBC rounds combine for 8 full rounds on the season. Given the USGA calculation for 8 rounds it would actually be the average of my lowest two (4 WBC weeks) rounds. Would need fact checking on my scores but with a 39 (3.1), 40 (4), 41 (4.9), and 42 (5.8) I’d be sitting pretty at 8.9 HCP w/ cHCP of 10 which equals a quota of 13 … scratch the proposal lol

4 Likes

To be fair, I only played on punched greens. I never got peak Waveland.

2 Likes