Vibestock 2021 - Pre Event Raffle (DRAWING NOW!)

Charity Raffle Beer Update!

Strap in, this is about to get wordy, TL;DR at end.

I have a reputation to uphold, for myself and for the RVA. In keeping with tradition (ie I did this once before), I will be bringing a selection of Richmond (and Richmond adjacent) beer for the raffle. This time around we have not one, but two! selections to chose from.

The first selection we are calling “VibePA” – a group of fine, fine IPAs.

Without further ado, our players…

Hazey Days IPA (IPA), Legend Brewing, Richmond, VA

ABV 6.5% / 30 IBU / 4 pack 16 oz. / Retail $11.49

Featuring the vibiest label of the group and hailing from the OG Richmond craft brewery, Hazey Days is a smooth drinking unfiltered IPA with medium bitterness.

IPA X (IPA), Ardent Craft Ales, Richmond, VA

ABV 7.1% / 10 IBU / 4 pack 16 oz. / Retail $13.99

One of the best beers from one of my favorite brewers in VA. Sneaky smooth at only 10 IBU, it still hits 7.1% ABV, so tread carefully. These go down easier than a matchplay opponent with a vanity handicap.

Nuclear Nugget (IPA), Lickinghole Creek, Craft Brewery, Goochland, VA

ABV 10.5% / 105 IBU / 4 pack 16 oz. / Retail $12.99

Welcome to the other end of the IPA spectrum from the prior two. Nuclear Nugget will kick you in your face. 10.5% APV and 105 IBU!. This is about as subtle as @JohnP‘s takes on Mid Pines. This is the perfect beer to offer to an opponent mid round if you need a little edge.

The next selection heads in a different direction altogether. We call this group “What can brown do for you?”.

Tavern Brown Ale (Brown Ale), Alewerks Brewing Company, Williamsburg, VA

ABV 5.6% / ? IBUs / 6 pack 12 oz. / Retail $10.99

Smooth and easy drinking. When this shows up on tap at my club, post round orders get real simple “give us 4 Browns”.

Festbier (Marzen/German Lager), Ardent Craft Ales, Richmond, VA

ABV 5.6% / 22 IBUs / 4 pack 16 oz. / Retail $11.99

I’m sticking with tried and true Ardent here. I love Marzens, they are everything beer should be. I haven’t tried this one yet, but I am confident that Ardent knows what they are doing.

Saison (Farmhouse Ale), Ardent Craft Ales, Richmond, VA

ABV 6.7% / 25 IBU / 6 pack 12 oz. / Retail $10.99

I’m gonna come right out and say it, this beer type is some BS. I grew up on a farm, 2000+ acres of corn and soybeans, nearest neighbor 2 miles away, and this type of beer never made an appearance, not once. Sure, we had Stroh’s and the occasional Busch Latte, but this… this is on a whole different level. So much flavor, so nice. (I have a spare sixer of this for myself for Vibestock weekend. Ask real nice, and give me a sliding 4 footer, and I might share.)

TL;DR – Beer good, charity good.

16 Likes

An Absolute perfect description of Nuclear Nugget

2 Likes

I imagine this is directly in between Bollocktown and Anusville?

6 Likes

I will never try this beer because of that

1 Like

Wellllllll now that you say it, it is close to Bumpass and Short Pump

3 Likes

1 Like

For those of you not in the Vibestock event WhatsApp chat - we have officially crossed the $2000 mark and will be adding a comped vibestock entry to the prize pool a $150 value

18 Likes

See you guys in a week

10 Likes

Thought I put that last post in the event thread but I got another raffle item anyway. 4 issues of golfers journal. Want to ship media mail (if you aren’t attending) so please US only. Sorry Canada.

6 Likes

Accepting entries for a little over the next 36 hrs

Details:

Over $2250 raised for our two charities so far!

6 Likes

Any idea what time the drawing will begin?

looking at 8 ET

3 Likes

The caddy services of YHM have been converted to a raffle item vs live auction. Your tickets just got infinitely more valuable.

8 Likes

Fantastic news!!! Let’s goooooo! Thanks YHM!

1 Like

So if someone’s number is picked, then do they get to pick the item they want or is it pre assigned by round?

1 Like

Number is drawn and aligns to randomly assigned non sequential numbering. You then have 5 mins to pick your item from the remaining prize pool (will be updated each round)

if you miss your window you are then put into the waiting area where you get to pick your prize once you notify that you are ready. If no one is on the clock you can pick at that time. If someone is on the clock then you go after them.

Depending on speed the later rounds may go down to 3 min clock but tbd

2 Likes

By 5 minutes he means 75 seconds before people start yelling

4 Likes

I will be deep into a dinner in Ithaca at Mr ChickPhilAs 25 year college reunion Wednesday night - someone’s gonna have to text me if my name’s called (or I have to figure out how refuge notifications can make my phone buzz lol).

3 Likes

You can DM your number. I got you.

1 Like

PRIZE UPDATES!!!
@Fluff has added an amazing 9, yes 9! Carry Bags from his course’s Liberty Mutual tournament taking our prize total to 52 prizes. I can’t thank everyone enough for their generosity and support of our two Charities (Swing Pals and The Joe Niekro Foundation)

With that being said please see the below image for the current prize roster - If you have any questions or requests for pictures of a specific item just post here and I’ll do my best.

FYI the @Fluff bags can be seen here - very similar to the one’s used at the Cradle

13 Likes