Tree Players Champions !WAITLIST ONLY! (AKA Palmetto Golf Society goes to The Tree Farm)

Refugees-

We are thrilled to invite you for an extraordinary day of golf at our 2024 NIT Qualifier, also known as Tree Players Championship.

The Details

• Date: June 4, 2024 (It’s a Tuesday)
  • Time: TBD, but likely VERY early so we can get as much golf in as possible before the heat hits
  • Cost: $300, which includes all-day golf, prizes, a charity donation, water, and snacks provided for the day.
  • Charity: A portion of every registration goes to The Kisner Foundation , an Aiken-based charity founded by Kevin Kisner and his wife Brittany. The Kisner Foundation has two core ways of helping kids off the course. First, they are working to increase literacy amongst young kids in the Aiken area. Secondly, they help fund various childhood mental and behavioral health programs in SC and Georgia. As a parent with a child with behavioral health problems, this cause is near and dear to my heart.
  • Field Size: 60 golfers (edit: we are currently waitlist-only)
  • NIT Spots up for grabs: 1
  • Format: We’re gonna get weird. We will be playing 27 holes as a two-person team competition. Teams are drawn at random with 1 low(ish) handicap and 1 high(ish) handicap per team. Each team will play 18 holes of fourball, followed by 9-holes of modified alternate shot. After 27 holes, teammates become foes, as the players from the top 4 teams enter a winner-takes-all sudden death head-to-head match play. Once we crown a winner, everyone should be able to play their remaining nine holes before they head home for the day.
  • Optional Side Games: We’ll do $20 buy-in on optional side games throughout the day. Think closest-to-the-pins, skins, and more. 1/2 of the pot will go to charity, 1/2 will be split amongst side game winners.

A few notes from the tournament committee:

This may be unpopular, but since we’re guests at this property and hope to make a good impression, we’re instituting a no alcohol or smoking rule. We don’t want any wildfire or fireball out there, y’all. This isn’t The Waste Management, it’s Tree Players.

It’s important to note that this course is walking-only. If you have an ADA need, please reach out, and we’ll see if reasonable accommodations can be made.

Lastly, the course WILL have the pro shop open for us after our round for merch sales.

So…what now? How do I sign up? edit: WE ARE NOW WAITLIST ONLY!!!

1. Sign up here: https://forms.gle/KcPDGrv7se5dVDgk7
  2. We will contact people in the order they sign up to send payment information. THIS WILL BE DONE VIA THE EMAIL YOU PROVIDE IN THE FORM. The $300 must be paid within 48 hours; otherwise, you move to the waitlist.
  3. !!!WE ARE NOW WAITLIST ONLY!!!
27 Likes

Sick, sick, sick, sick!

9 Likes

dwight

27 Likes

Can we publicly call out any refuge haters who try and register?

28 Likes

You’re goddamn right dot gif.

37 Likes

As leader of the Haterzzzz and member of the PGS, I will issue a statement at a later date.

17 Likes

12 Likes

cool

23 Likes

You wouldn’t want to be rude guests and have people leaving trash and a palate of hot, unopened, beer sitting around that the employees have to clean up

30 Likes

This open to non-PGS players?

3 Likes

Free* for all to come

*$300

2 Likes

that’s why we posted it here! open to all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes. Sign up quick.

1 Like

5 Likes

i might have just told my wife we are vacationing to SC in June.

7 Likes

This sounds amazing, great work @hwb! 100% jealous of all those that get to attend.

12 Likes

What a excellent/convenient opportunity to accomplish my “play in another Roost’s event” goal for 2024

12 Likes

hey, I just met you.
and this is crazy,
but here’s my refuge handle,
so next year, maybe?

22 Likes

this legit would put me out if I was even going to attempt it

2 Likes

Cool.

35 Likes