The Yellowhammer at Cherokee Ridge 10/14 (Alabama’s Signature Event)

The @HighCottonClub signature event in the fine state of Alabama… A true “watch this space” situation… Stay tuned

4 Likes

2 Likes

@Rovitz

High Cotton members got a slight head start on registration, your chance is coming shortly though :eyes:

The High Cotton Club’s signature event in the state of Alabama returns with a new venue — Cherokee Ridge Country Club… These folks are so stoked to host us, the GM joined our discord. They are going to be opening up this event to their membership as well, so would love to have a massive NLU representation in the field.

Bigger and better than The Yellow Hammer a year and a half ago at Highland Park, some may say this is Alabama’s version of The Extinction. Same Yeti coolers for CTP’s, Vessel (duffel) bags for derby winners, and a little cash payout for top 5 in each flight… Not to mention, a simple but strong gift bag.

Entry fee is $235, but includes all that’s mentioned above, including 18 holes and derby, plus two meals, drinks, and donation. Cherokee has given us a great rate, essentially calling it a rainout day, so we can pack the value in and I’m excited for everyone who has the opportunity to get involved. They want 72 players in the field… how deep can the refuge take it?

:point_down: Registration at the link below :point_down:

http://ukg.golf/q?ac=Wy9RFfNO

4 Likes

This is awesome to see. I work in Cullman so have played Cherokee Ridge several times and hosted an event there before. I may be playing in another event that day but if not I’d love to make it out and get involved!

Btw, if y’all wanted to try to host another event in the area, I know some people at Terri Pines if we wanted to get something going there. I know a bunch of members so we could work alongside them and try to get them involved too.

1 Like

Calendar reminder to search Ebay for Vessel Luggage on 10/15…

7 Likes

First batch of gifts in the process :heavy_check_mark:

For any of you Bama boys saying, “Who does this TN guy think he is planning ‘Alabama’s Signature Event?’”… Have no fear, one of your own is in the lab with me making sure we bring y’all the best event possible — s/o @lostinspace

1 Like

If anyone is planning on coming into town,
reach out to me about where to stay in Huntsville. Got plenty of ideas for dive bars, breweries, or just cool places to hang. Cherokee Ridge is just outside of Huntsville, but there are great things you can see while you are here.

1 Like

Same here if anyone needs golf related stuff or vibes I got you as a HSV native. I know some good establishments but maybe not quite as “local” as @hworth14

1 Like

From Huntsville: 30m
From Birmingham: 1hr 20m
From Nashville: 2hr 15m
From Atlanta: 2 hr 55m
From Memphis and Knoxville: 3hr 30m

2 Likes

@SmokyMtn this should be on our radar

2 Likes

It should be more than on your radar, it should be on your calendar! You have any hesitation, about any of it, and I have a worthy rebuttal. This is going to be a day!

1 Like

See @SmokyMtn its not a choice. Would be a great venue to celebrate 30 and your upcoming child! The trip is planning itself!

2 Likes

I always hear, “who is @SmokyMtn this” and “who is @SmokyMtn that”, literally three times in the past week… Give the people what they want!

2 Likes

Signed up as of just now.

The derby at the Extinction was the coolest thing I’ve ever been part of. And maybe if @Tibbs isn’t in the field, my team can win this time!

2 Likes

Its gonna be a fun event. Course has been in great shape. Hopefully the leaves will be changing colors to make the course really pop. Agree with terri pines as well as being a great course as well. There is also gunters landing that is nearby as well to get multiple rounds in that weekend.

3 Likes

Worth noting, players won’t be bumped off the waitlist until payment is received. No deposits, just sign up, pay, show up, and play!

1 Like

Pants and vest or sweater :drooling_face:

1 Like

Teaser alert… a highly requested drink ware item :eyes:

3 Likes