The Stowaway at Stow Acres - 8/17

The Boston Tee Party is happy to (finally) announce our Roost major and NIT qualifier for this year: The Stowaway. After a couple months of searching, this year we are trying out a new venue, Stow Acres CC in Stow, Massachusetts. We will be playing the North Course, which has hosted a variety of Championships such as a U.S. Am Pub Links and a PGA Open Qualifier. We’ll meet up on Saturday August 17th. We will have the tee starting at 9 AM, so hopefully no chances of getting stuck behind league play this year. We’re also going to streamline things slightly and just have golf without trying to coordinate a meal but that should also bring the price down. Still negotiating the price (given how much this group likes to walk I’m trying to talk them into no cart fee), but it should be around $120 per person for the golf - due 2 weeks before the event - a goodie bag and a charity donation.

We’ll again be playing the quota game and you’ll be able to follow the scoring live using the Unknown Golf App. If you have attended one of our events in this season you’ve had a chance to test it out and it has been a real benefit for the outings. Sign-ups are live at the sheet below. As always, asking you to only sign up yourself for the first week to give as many Nest members a chance to sign up as possible.

Hope to see many new and returning faces.

8 Likes

Edit: got them to wave the cart fee, so it will be an even $100 per golfer for golf, swag bag and charity donation. If anyone wants a cart that will be $20 on the day to the course.

Hey @TheMassHacker ! Sounds like a great event. I just signed up for the nest + refuge, and am not signed up for the roost yet. Am I still able to sign up for this event?

1 Like

Yup, open to everyone!

I also did send the signup form in for the Massachusetts roost, excited to join the squad and play in this :100:

1 Like

Just signed up. First timer! Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Excited to have you!

I know I’m super late to the party here but are there still spots available? I’m in LA, considering a trip back home and could schedule around this if it works out.

My man, we are a month out and there are PLENTY of spots available.

1 Like

Just signed up. Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Flights confirmed and signed up. Looking forward to traveling across the country to play next to my hometown.

1 Like

I have a friend who wants to play but doesn’t have a handicap and isn’t on the Refuge. He’s probably around a 25. Can he join in? Understand either way!

Absolutely! All are welcome. No Refuge profile needed. Without an official handicap can’t have him in the competition but we can put him in as a non-competing player and he can just enjoy the course and the company.

1 Like

Also added a pairing column to the sheet. When you add them if you could just put your name there so I know to put you in the same foursome.

1 Like

Not sure if i did it how you envisioned but i put my group all in the same color…

1 Like

Good Morning,
How do you prefer to be paid? Venmo, the Short Lived Partner of CashApp, Bitcoin, or Randy Moss?

Venmo, please. @Tom-Rakauskas last four is 0468.

1 Like

Thank you, Payment sent. Any chance I can get an Earlier tee time? I’ll be staying to the end but I fly back home that night and want to give myself enough time

1 Like

Yup, I’ll get you out early.

1 Like

Couple updates:

Heard from Stow this morning. They are aerating the North course this week, so we’re getting moved to the South course. Also, we’re starting a little later - 10:20 vs 9 AM.

1 Like