The Shepherd’s Open at Keney Park (8/13/22)

All, We are happy to announce the return of the 2022 Shepherd’s Open to Keney Park Golf Course in Hartford, CT on Saturday August 13th at 10:30 AM. The restored Devereux Emmet front 9 and fully reimagined back 9 provides a fair test, while its contoured greens allows for short-game imagination. This event has 48 spots with a consecutive start kicking off at 10:30. The format is simply called Birdie Ball; it is an individual event where if you make the most (net) birdies, eagles, and albatrosses, you win! With its gettable par 5s, handful of short par 4s, and variety of par 3s, birds are lurking everywhere. We are also working on securing space for a social afterwards for those who may be available, with a cash bar/food. Come on out, we look forward to having you. Cue the Brass Bonanza!

You can sign up here:

@NYCMetroRACDG

10 Likes

I won’t be able to make this one, but I’d encourage anyone considering it to go. Keney is such an awesome layout, and the money the city put into the restoration appears to have been well worth it. I’m not sure you can play a better course for the money.

4 Likes

I can’t make that one, but if you get that logo on some merch….

1 Like

@Hench… maybe this year he’ll actually make it happen :rofl:

3 Likes

Why’s it called the Shepards Open?

Also, get some RACDG Metro guis out to Ohio next week for the Big Nut!

1 Like

Combination of the RACDG Sheep theme and Keney Park logo. And our logo is a tribute to the Whalers (RIP)

2 Likes

@Jack11211 you’re being summoned back home

1 Like

When is it? @joecline41 as a Cleveland Native I am always down to join, but I havent been tracking events sadly. I am back about every 6 weeks right now

It’s next weekend the 6th and 7th. Short notice but we’d love to have you. Posted some updates to the thread for it earlier this week.

Can I interest you in this per chance? (And anyone else for that matter)

1 Like

I’ve been informed that I’vereached my hat quota for the year. But if it found its way onto a T-shirt…

Regardless, it really is an awesome logo.

Quite literally the best course for the price I’ve ever played.

2 Likes

When will you open up registration for the 2023 event in september?

Keep an eye on this space. Soon

1 Like

Yeah as @Hench said we’ll drop it very soon. Everything is sorted, just need to get it on our site for people to sign up.

1 Like

Awesome, looking to make the trip from Jacksonville, Florida. Can’t wait!

1 Like