The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Florida in October? Hmmm… yes please!

1 Like

I’d rather play the UK in October.

1 Like

Yeah but I get to play it every day, so… :man_shrugging:t4:

This week I have 36 at Sunningdale, then Hankley Common and Camberley Heath the next day.

Yesterday I played Minchinhampton Old and Kington on Friday. Both of which I’m taking you to one day when you’re over, along with Cleeve Hill…

3 Likes

I’m not at all envious or anything…

2 Likes

Hello gents. I would like to formally apply for the US Carolinas chapter of the RACDG. Let me know what happens next!

5 Likes

@Double_Bogey_Dave you’re up :arrow_up:

@Churchie Dave runs the Carolinas chapter so he’ll sort you out. Have fun. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello all,
After reading the constitution and a number of posts- I think this is fantastic! Hoping I did this correctly-, I have added my info to the Texas portion of the sheet. If there is anything I can do to be of service, please let me know!
I play with the Silver Club Golfing Society, and have participated in some of the Broken Tee events (Golfers Journal).I have always enjoyed meeting and spending time with like minded golfers.
I will be a part of the Sweetens Cove group in a couple of weeks and look forward to meeting some of you soon.

5 Likes

Paging @The_Cad_Says and the good people of the UK Chapter:

There’s a very real possibility I will be in Cardiff or Swansea come late October or early November. If I have two rounds, where do I play (let’s keep it reasonable in price, particularly considering exchange rate for us folks in the America)? I can have access to a car if need be.

Last time I was over I had every intent to play Porthcawl, Pennard, and Southerndown. What am I missing? I presume Porthcawl is a must-play, but if there’s something less expensive and equally memorable, I’m in. And if I’m able to make it happen, does anyone happen to want to join up? I have no other information regarding dates at this point, as it’s somewhat speculative yet somewhat likely that I’ll make the trip over. COVID’s a bitch.

1 Like

Bore da ! I’m living in Swansea so if you do need anything just give me a shout. One issue you may face is we have gone into a local lockdown, same as Cardiff. Unfortunately this means you cannot enter or leave the county of Swansea without being liable to fines ! That said, I hope it gets removed pretty soon. I don’t want to dampen your hopes but I don’t want you to have false excitement only to be let down !

1 Like

Yeah, the whole country is in quarantine, so if you do come from the US you’re supposed to stay isolated for 2 weeks. Might fuck up the golf plans!

If you can get over and get out, all of those courses are superb. Porthcawl is on the rich side, though we do have a member in the group who I’m sure will take you out as a member guest if he’s around when you’re there. Again, depends on the lockdown situation.

Depending on your dates, the GB&I Shut is on the 25th & 26th October at Royal North Devon and Saunton East. £200 for 2 rounds, dinner, bed & breakfast.

1 Like

I’m in Nashville and interested in joining a chapter. What’s the process? It doesn’t seem like there is a TN chapter, so I was also unsure which chapter I’d be joining. Thanks!

1 Like

Funnily enough, someone just asked me to start one. I must get into the doc and update it.

I’ll get you his name and hook you guys up, but if you scroll up here you’ll find him. :smiley:

Appreciate the info!

I don’t know how it’s going to work since I will likely be there for work. I know none of the logistics, but I’ll get on the plane when they tell me to! Here’s hoping it works out.

@The_Cad_Says It’s expensive, but looks quite fun. I’m more okay with paying those prices since it’s not too often I get to make it over the pond, so the extra cost is just kind of assumed and accepted. I want to say after Nov. 1 it’s 75 quid. Someone’s got to pay more to keep y’all’s membership costs low!

1 Like

Why thank you :wink:

1 Like

It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it.

Hi,
Most parts of South Wales are in lockdown as already mentioned. The situation will constantly be reviewed so anything could happen by the time that you get here at the end of October.
I am a member at Newport Golf Club which is about 20mins outside Cardiff if you have a car.
I would love to host you at my club if our schedules like up.
Send me a message when you have more details.
Cheers
Nick

3 Likes

Thanks, and hoping for the best! I’ll certainly be in touch if it all lines up.

Cheers!

1 Like

Do you know what dates you’ll actually be here?

As of now, it’s supposed to be Nov. 7-18. Depending on quarantines, etc, that may change, and obviously with COVID keeping things up in the air, it can change whether the trip happens at all pretty quickly.

If you’re travelling for work, that is allowed under the local lockdown restrictions ! So if you were to travel into Swansea for work purposes, you can still do all your usual bits inside of Swansea, including playing golf so if you do make the trip and you do work inside if Swansea, drop me a message and we’ll sort something out !

1 Like