The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Didn’t know they had Grindr 20 years ago Guy?!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Apologies for the delay in joining the chat - local media requests have kept me busy the last couple of days :grinning:

Huge thanks to Cad for putting together the first GB&I meet up. Once it was clear that there weren’t any mentalists in the group I knew we were going to have a great couple of days. The 2 courses were a treat and I think we played them the right way round. Alwoodley was a class above in terms of the course but Moortown showed us some terrific hospitality. Will look forward to coming back next year to defend - fixed into the diary already :trophy:

12 Likes

Here’s a vector version of the chapter logo for any chapters out there to use. If nothing else, would be good if anybody ends up doing merch

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GEKJpvbnIwmWxBbwbgyhwtDDyzU0kF9a

3 Likes

You added the last period… Too honourable imo

7 Likes

If you zoom in really close you’ll see it’s not a period that I added, it’s a miniature illustration of a butt plug

9 Likes

@Lazstradamus is thinking about an order of these:

Who else wants one so bad?

7 Likes

Just poking my head in here to let you all know that the Shut for the US SE is confirmed for 6/1-2 at Grand Cypress, E/N Course Saturday, N/S Course Sunday.

Lodging is available on site as well as a ton more places in Kissimmee/Orlando.

We are at 7 golfers, with one additional waiting to get a hall pass. Anyone who is interested in Florida Golf at the beginning of June (when it’s still usually good) is welcome to fly on out to MCO and join us. (Plus how cool would it be to be the Big Kahuna for a region you don’t even live in?)

We can always add tee times. Send me PM if you’re interested.

[Edit: we are now eight!]

4 Likes

Pittsburgh in the house! Looking forward to this…sounds like a posh version of Caddyshack, eh?

2 Likes

A posh version of Caddyshack? Hell, I’ll take that!

Get yourself on the Roll Call doc and self identify which chapter you’d like to be in, then reach out to your chapter captain.

And welcome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My wife said I needed more ‘golf friends’ so I’m joining the PNW Chapter - though if the Aussie chapter has an event while I’m back home I’d be keen as well.

3 Likes

did all the above save for reach out to the Chapter Cap’n. Thanks for the welcome!

1 Like

Welcome @rabsie. As the PNW is my secondary chapter it’s nice to have you aboard. :slight_smile:

The PNW has just found its initial Chapter Captain in @davidc so he shall be reaching out to you with another welcome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone in the Houston area that can recommend a course or want to tee it up? I’m flying in Friday May 3 and have the afternoon to play.

If you are flying in from IAH play Cypresswood, Tour 18, or Golf Club of Houston. If flying into Hobby, play Timber Creek, Wildcat or Gus Wortham

1 Like

Working with an event planner for the SE Shut? Seems a little boujee for me but I respect it. Big meet up in Los Angeles? Might be a little warm for my taste, but but who am I to judge? The GB&I Chapter finally gets together as @The_Cad_Says hands out awards?? Actually nothing to say here as I thought that was the right mix of classy and rowdy :sunglasses: (shameless plug for his Grace).

But the PNW Chapter is doing it a bit different. We are going full, 100% grass roots action out here. One golfer, one course at a time. You can’t fake this. So I present to you, our third meet up with @rabsie (Chris, left) and myself (right),

Held Sunday, April 28 at Willows Run Golf Course, The Coyote Creek Course, just outside of Seattle, WA. The Coyote Creek course was opened in 1999 and designed by one Ted Locke. Billed as a ‘links style course’ (probably debatable haha), Chris and I did take a few moments to discuss GCA on a number of holes. At the risk of speaking for him, I’ll say we concluded that neither of us really understand GCA all that well, but we did decide that we liked hole 12. A short/mid par 4 that has an open fairway up the left side - where you’ll have a longer approach and better angle - but challenges you to run straight at the green, which will land you in serious mounding if you are short. Obviously, we both went for it, with Chris having to play from the mounds and myself blowing it off to the right to strategically play from another fairway.

Also worth mentioning, Chris and I quoted some game management thoughts from @Lazstradamus and @aannddyy00 over in the equipment v lessons thread at the turn. Chris said he didn’t have a handicap, but with these thoughts in mind I thought he put together a really nice back nine (he may agree/disagree), with some sneaky good looks at birdie. He also had some touch around the greens that lead me to believe he has more gas in the bag than he lets on :thinking:

Overall another great outing. I’m thinking with a couple more of these and a little planning, we can throw a legit Shut for the PNW RACDG in the near future.

11 Likes

Congrats! And FTR, I’m the event planner for SE Shut.

1 Like

lol just trying to set the stage for the years long rivalry between chapters :grimacing: for what its worth, if I wasn’t working, I’ve got airline points burning a hole in my pocket that I wanted to use to get in on what I know will be a great Shut!

3 Likes

Come on down! We just got one of yours, who’ll be moving to Orlando from Seattle. We can hate Orlando City FC together.

Was a great day out! I think @davidc has covered it well there - the more greens you miss the better you can get around the greens!

2 Likes

I don’t suppose His Grace (@The_Cad_Says) is flying into LAX before Friday this week (maybe to pitch that screenplay from the Professional Networking thread?!) and wants to play Rustic Canyon with @Lazstradamus & I?

Or any of the other US South West RACDGers?

1 Like