The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Is there a chapter for Refugees on the run from the law?
If Man City doesn’t score twice in the next 40 minutes, I may need to resort to some dire actions.

4 Likes

Not exactly, you’ll just have to travel from chapter to chapter under the guise of a guest until the heat blows over.

Speaking of “over” the 6th inning for the Red Sox kinda saved my morning.

Hugo Lloris couldn’t touch his ass with both hands, and yet he saves from Kun Aguero.

I feel for you.

1 Like

Look, I want you to cover your spread always and forever, but I’m not sure how much more AL pennant winning red sox I can handle.

1 Like

I’m a Chelsea fan and my wife is a Spurs girl. So I’m just disappointed both teams can’t lose.

It’s also only the first leg. City Scumbags FC will probably stick 5 past them next week.

What are these red socks you speak of?

Gross and Gross.

Liverpool kept a clean sheet. Looking forward to Barca in the semis.

2 Likes

Liverpool are always contenders in Europe. The hoodoo that jinxes them in the Premier League seems to swing the opposite way in the Champions League.

Frankly I’d rather see them win the league this year though. I think they deserve it. 30 odd years is far too long for a club of that stature and they play great football at the minute. Plus I love Klopp.

Personally I’m desperate to see City’s season come crashing down round them. Lose to Watford in the FA Cup, go out to Spurs in the Champions League and slip up to gift the Premier to Liverpool. We can but dream.

3 Likes

I agree. Theyre dangerously close to a treble, and losing out at the last minute would be phenomenal.

I definitely would rather have the league this year.

I like Liverpools run in. Salah seems to be starting to find the net again, and we’re healthy again in defense.

1 Like

This is one hell of a thread and frankly I’m here for it. I’ll put myself down for Midwest-West when I get to a real computer.

3 Likes

Evening all.

Happy to say that the GB&I chapter have had our first meeting, held at Alister MacKenzie’s first two courses, Moortown and Alwoodley in Yorkshire. We played a 36 hole Stableford comp for the MacKenzie Cup and some other awards.

None of us had played either course before and we were all blown away by the quality of the tracks and the welcome. Moortown is lovely and we had a meal there while watching Tiger win. We then played Alwoodley today and unanimously agreed that it was something genuinely special. I’d put it up there with St George’s Hill and Sunningdale. Just spectacular. We loved the trip so much we’ve decided to make this an annual trip, to which everyone is invited.

Here we are, about to tee off at Alwoodley today.

From left to right - @Grantley1988, @Brown_geo, @Rebus, @Wabinez, @The_Cad_Says, @Markos, @valapor

And here is our first champ and now holder of the MacKenzie Cup, @Rebus

And here are a couple of him winning:

19 Likes

Speech from @Rebus! SPPPPPPEEEEEECH!

3 Likes

That’s terrific. Always cool to see these meetups happen.

It was a lot of fun.

There’s some trepidation that you’ll get on. You are all internet weirdos after all. But we share a passion for golf, it’s history, architecture, the pro game. It was lovely to play courses like that and just talk the whole time about the layout, the bunkering, the green complexes, and not be met with a blank stare. It was just awesome.

Not to mention sitting together to watch Tiger’s 15!

Looking forward to the next one.

5 Likes

We’re doing our Shut meet in October, most likely at Princes.

Love this. Would love to hear some insight from @Rebus on getting in @The_Cad_Says’s head early.

1 Like

Rebus appears to be a fine looking man as well. Cheers! Crack on!!

It was never much of a contest to be honest. I was shite all weekend. I had 24 points on day one and 31 day two. @rebus had 63 over the two rounds.

His main competition was @Brown_geo, who I can confirm hits it as pure in real life as in range videos. George won The Stick Award for the lowest stroke score over the two days. He also won the Tilt side bet on day one.

But @Markos took home The Baller Award after holing a 25 yard flop shot and then a few holes later canning a 40 foot putt. This after coming all the way from Madrid!

The Closest to the Pin was won by @Wabinez as he was the only one who managed to get a ball on the green. I say ‘on’, but it was being kept on the green by the fringe grass!

@Rebus also took home the Longest Drive Award. None of us hit the fairway on the designated hole so when we finished the pro let us all belt one down the first to settle it. George probably would have taken it had he not accidentally hit a ladies ball! :joy:

The Icarito Award, given fir the person with the largest negative difference between their scores on day one and day two, was @valapor with an impressive collapse to the tune of 10 points.

The weather was pretty nice but we have a weird north easterly wind blowing which was bloody freezing. I could barely move my hands until it started to warm up this afternoon.

9 Likes

ah, my nearest the pin. The skankiest chippy 5 iron you would ever see…terrible golf shot, saved by the fringe!

Great couple of days, and as CAD said, nervousness about meeting some random dudes from the Internet but all sound as a pound.
We teach our kids to avoid strangers, but there we all were, 4 hours from home doing exactly that!

2 Likes

ahhh, the old “get your internet meet & greet cherry popped”

I’ve been doing it for 20 years…since way back in the fantasy football message board days. Very few weirdos, but some are definitely weirder than others.

2 Likes