The Refuge Feedback Thread

While we have your ear, would it be possible to change the awful category names? Most of them make zero sense. I get that it’s cutesy, but they’re also confusing and useless.

As a UX person, I’d ask they’re labeled clearly (General golf discussion, but if cutesy is a requirement, here are some options I think better reflect the actual discussion in the categories:

Game Room (for now) > Clubhouse
Tournament Reps > Gallery
Bag Room > Gear Truck
Ranger Rick (this one is so bad please change it to literally anything else) > The Range

4 Likes

Obviously you didn’t read this magazine as a kid. Was one of my favorites when I was under 10.

There are plans in the works on a number of things, including a new user guide. Will take a look at the category names for sure. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like

@McSchvantz

Hey - just a quick one. I have changed my email address, and have managed to update it on the Refuge, but the Store is getting a bit twisted and I can’t find an option to do it. Is there anyway it can be edited? Obviously need to ensure my Nest deets also managed to transfer to the new email.

Cheers in advance!

I’ll shoot you a DM!

Does dark mode hurt anyone else’s eyes? It’s like the type is etched into my retina…

#TeamDarkMode until I am dead in the ground, man. Light mode is for serial killers.

7 Likes

We’ve been over this. Dark mode is for quitters

Dark mode on mobile, light mode on laptop.

1 Like

Light mode baby

1 Like

Is there a used club thread? Where people can sell older clubs?

Jesus christ. I went light mode on accident on my work PC because I wasn’t logged in and I almost deleted my account.

1 Like

Like how old?

1 Like

I am looking for a new putter. Preferably a Odyssey. Around $100 or less. Up to 7 years old.

Going from mostly dark mode websites and apps, and coming across a site that doesn’t allow it is like walking out of a strip after an all night bender.

1 Like

Oh. Then you want the Silk Road 2.0.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/silk-road-2-0-new-rules-read-the-top-post/33537?u=xthrubyx

Fix the damn extreme load problem. It is insufferable to try to navigate this website on a daily basis when you get booted every few minutes. It has been happening for months anytime there is more than a few people concentrated in one thread. Just fix it.

1 Like

@McSchvantz - I’m having an issue where I can’t quote posts anymore. Not working on mobile or desktop.

Any idea if this is a Discourse issue or a me issue?

2 Likes

Same issue, but sometimes I can quote if I only highlight a word or two of the post. Frustrating.

Oh I see that now, it seems to just happen when trying to quote a picture. It doesn’t seem to be an issue when quoting words.

Pls help @McSchvantz

Also seems to happen when you’re trying to quote a section that contains an @username or bold/italic text.

4 Likes