The Rail @ Aiken Golf Club

I’ll jump in there as well

1 Like

Three plus your three I believe.

1 Like

Got you on the list. Tee time is full.

1 Like

The official biscuit provider of the Rail Bojangles Cajun Filet biscuits order has been placed.

13 Likes

Y’all doing mail-order biscuits for those of us that had to back out?

2 Likes

I’m happy to remove, if me posting in here feels wrong…

Taking a cue from my new Refuge Bestie, @LukeBoatright, started a poll for a 2021 early spring meet-up. I’ll be around The Rail and be interested in any input! I’ll close the poll after this weekend!

4 Likes

Atlanta guis coming to Aiken: who wants to bring me a few sixers of Creature Comforts Tropicalia?

2 Likes

Sure thing. How many

1 Like

My man. 3 is good

1 Like

I’ll take a sixer, too, if that’s no trouble. Tropicalia = :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Also, if we have craft beer fanatics coming down - I have many vintage offerings in my apartment that I’ve cellared for years. Limited release imperial stouts, sours, etc. They’ve all been waiting to be shared, so let me know!

1 Like

You got it

Happy Wednesday Railers.

The Forecast (Update) @ The Rail @ Aiken Golf Club

Aiken saw a fraction of the rain it could have received. Storms fired east of Aiken, not much more than a drizzle. If they got 0.1" I would be surprised. Columbia’s RADAR has been set to Clear Air Mode and its unlikely they’ll move away from this until next week. Will the crew dial things fast and firm?

No changes to my previous, cool morning->pleasant afternoon. Low humidity.
NE’ly winds, 5-10mph; which I think puts driving #1 in play

8 Likes

I could not be happier about this forecast. LFG!!!

2 Likes

Going to be nice crisp mornings and I couldn’t be more excited.

1 Like

CHARITY UPDATE:

One of my favorite parts of Refuge meet ups is that any money above cost of the event has gone to charities. This tradition will continue at The Rail. We are supporting Golden Harvest to bridge the gap for those in the community who need food assistance. We are running on tight margins for the event so I would like to set out a Challenge. I will be donating $5 for every birdie I make for the whole weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday rounds. You do what you are comfortable with. If a flat donation is more your thing I will have a donation bucket at the sign in table. I have added a column on the google sheets to track pledges should you wish to join in on this challenge.

We will also be doing an optional Skins game. $20 bucks gets you in. Of that $20 we will have a gross and a net division of Skins. If no skins are won then the money will be donated to the charity.

8 Likes

@Puckfel I just read your note in the Friday tee time page. I hope I’m paired with you. :rofl:

2 Likes

Please dear god for the sake of my membership @Puckfel not on the first tee. Parking lot and tee #2 will be more than acceptable.

6 Likes

Happy Thursday, Railers.

The Forecast (Update) @ The Rail @ Aiken Golf Club

This might be the last from me, traveling tomorrow :slight_smile:

Saturday key Times :
Range (0800-0900LT) : 49F->52F
ShotGun Start (0915LT) : 54F
Turn (1100LT?) : 65F
18th (1245LT?) : 69F (nice)

Afternoon high : 73F

Sunset (1910LT) : 66F

7 Likes

I love your optimism on the times here…this is a refuge event, the pace of play will be slow even though everyone “always plays fast”

3 Likes