The R4 Ball Fourball : Dornick Hills Aug 20th 2022

@andyman8 , you are up!

gentlemen ā€¦ I am out. We donā€™t have kid coverage for Friday, my wife works noon-to-noon friday to saturday. Yaā€™ll have a blast.

2 Likes

@camg918 . Come to the Ball!

1 Like

I was looking forward to meeting you, Captain.
I may find an excuse to spend a weekend in Austin.

4 Likes

This landed in the few weeks in August where we donā€™t have nanny help. Our Au Pair returns to South Africa this month, and weā€™re still in the process of bringing a new one to help us out. Plus, my parents are on a three-week Alaskan cruise, otherwise Iā€™d ship the kids there for one night (they love crashing with Nana and Poppy).

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry @Jdonelson Iā€™ll explain what an Au Pair is to these guys and why they canā€™t afford oneā€¦

10 Likes

@DuckDuckHook & @OliveLoaf

Noting that the waitlist is thinning quickly Iā€™ve sent out a feeler to a couple of Dallas guys in my Bandon group (one played in last yearā€™s Pine Dunes event) to see if they have interest and are available if needed.

1 Like

While this is a common comment when people find out that we have an Au Pair, Iā€™d highly encourage folks to at least explore the programs available. Even after all the up-front fees, our au-pair is cheaper on a monthly basis than full-time child care for two kids. And unlike day care, she drives, helps with laundry/meals for the kids, helps with schoolwork / lessons, is capable of her own decision making, offers flexible hours, teaches the kids about her culture and family life, and has become a loved member of our family. Weā€™re in the process of sending a birthday present to our very first au pair, and hoping that when she and her parents do some traveling later in the year theyā€™ll all come stay with us, and she hasnā€™t been our au pair for two years now.

Full transparency, ours are both in elementary school now so the cost model breaks down some, but we continue with the au pair program because the young women that we meet are exceptional people who take incredibly good care of our kids, and the flexibility that it gives our family is worth the incremental investment.

5 Likes

Got clearancesā€¦Iā€™m in.

okie born & raised, current texas residentā€“put me on whichever team needs a solid 18-hcper

Andy

2 Likes

Looking to get on the alternate list and I see the registration is locked.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll vouch for @Iceman. Let this man in!

1 Like

You sir, have been added.
Voraciously Alternate.

2nd round of public call outs coming soon.

4 Likes

If spots open up, Iā€™m definitely interested and available!

1 Like

If you play with him youā€™re required to wear capris. Right, @Jdonelson ?

1 Like

Get @chitwood to sit for you.

It wont matter what we wear when we win. iā€™ll play shoeless on the first E18.

2 Likes

@Goatbelly @WhineyCracker52 @Venk14 @jsteve15 @camg918 @DanielM19 @mctrees02
Registration fees at your convenience!

Iā€™ve also just been informed by our esteemed cellulite @ABR that we have a very special, super limited edition, Supercell inspired item to raffle off at the 4-Ball. All shall be revealed at the event.

Another limited run Supercell item will be available for purchase. A club towel, with the Dusty logo!
Available first to 4Ballers.

@DuckDuckHook and I have yet to chat about pairings. The breakdown right now is 17 Okies and 19 Texans.

7 Likes

Two requests for the Texans:

1. Who would like to be de facto team captain and take lead on pairings (or just consent to random draw)? I have no capacity right now.

2. Who is willing to cross the red dirt line in the sand and play for Oklahoma to make it 18 v. 18. We already appreciate @andyman8 volunteering to do so. But we need one more to make the sides even.

2 Likes

Apologies Mr. Loaf. Just paid!

2 Likes

Also sent mine over!

1 Like