The Pre-Invitational Open at White Oak - 11/5/2020 (See post 14 for details)

Well Akshually, I’ll be at the opposite field event hosted by @Soly at someplace called Pablo Creek.

5 Likes

And - not joking - when I saw DeSantis lifted all mask requirements statewide AND opened all bars and restaurants to go to 100% full open, my availability went from 100% to 50%. Love y’all but not like that…

3 Likes

Is Pablo Creek supposed to impress me? I’ve played Doral, sir. Twice.

4 Likes

Something something about the chopper being serviced that week. We make do.

Understandable, Florida is borderline lawless. They even let you pick your own trash can here, no city regulations at all. Put your trash in anything you deem a “ trash can” and they’ll pick it up.

Still blows my mind every Tuesday night.

5 Likes

Pablo Creek is a very nice Tom Fazio course. You should have a good time.

So, @anon47037505, in summary, I’m expected to go into the backwoods of Dixie two days after the second succession of the New Confederacy with a bunch of white right-wing Christian conservatives and you’re standing me up for a game with Soly?

You know what. Forget Tuesday. I’ll play with Will or someone I don’t have to shoot yardages for all round.

4 Likes

Listen, I don’t know anything about Florida and its golf courses or trash cans. This is all @Soly’s idea. Something about their Iranian caviar…

(I am not playing Pablo Creek, and I think @Soly would be happy never to have to see me hack my way around 13 or 18 holes again.)

2 Likes

I have a range finder now.

4 Likes

I just want you to know the “upper crust” of Jacksonville society in Dante’s 5th circle of White Trash.

1 Like

Me too!! My left-handed, tax avoiding brother.

2 Likes

Are range finders allowed at White Oak? Some courses I play, how shall we say…discourage such devices.

1 Like

“Hey, How’s Florida?”

“Ask me April 16th!”

(oddly, Laz looking into life in Palm Beach area…)

2 Likes

We’ll have the run of the place. It’s ours for the day. Range finders allowed.

4 Likes

Are we eating inside as a group? Are we heathens?

Outside is the likely choice. There’s a deck with outdoor seating.

“Coming to you LIVE for the first time from our studios in New Confederatville, Florida. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire!”

8 Likes

If you don’t look into Vero Beach as well you’re really doing a great disservice.
Sleepy old Florida town with outstanding golf.

3 Likes

My mom wants to move in with her sister in Stuart and I’m like, “Mom, all of Florida will be underwater in 25 years.” and she’s like, “I’ll be dead, mijo.”

3 Likes

At least we’ll have something to talk about.

2 Likes