The Midwest "Ope"-in August 20th & 21st, 2021: We're Getting The Band Back Together?

Anxiously waiting being in the hole…

@BaxterMSP just got word one my best friends is getting married this weekend, so I will have to bow out of this event. Sounds like @Delaney is in

2 Likes

Good Try

2 Likes

#refugeafterdark

2 Likes

Hate to lose ya man, but appreciate the heads up. @delaney and @shonseymp…come on down!

4 Likes

Is there an appetite for yardage books for this? A quick sample is below (Lawsonia #1)

I’d be happy to do them, if everyone would chip in to cover the cost of the paper / ink.

26 Likes

I think there’s definitely an appetite for this. Real question is…will you be doing both courses?

5 Likes

3 Likes

Word of advice…just make sure they’re the right size and not too big. Whoever the moron was that did the North Star Shootout yardage books couldn’t get them right

11 Likes

That guy was an idiot, seriously.

7 Likes

Someone define too big? I have a Seamus Yardage book cover and all the ones I make are to USGA standards and fit the 4.25” wide covers that PGA tour pros use. The finished height and width are typically 4x7 folded, +/- an 1/8” or so depending on how precise each is cut.

See below in Seamus Timberline Cover

8 Likes

5.5”x8.5”

5 Likes

Listen, there were issues with FedEx printing and cost inflation. Mistakes were made. Let’s not crucify the poor gui

11 Likes

I still can’t believe Lawsonia didn’t have any yardage or greens books when we got there.

They actually don’t have any in the pro shop?

They didn’t in mid-September. I’ve never bought one before for a single round at a course, but since we playing multiple rounds I wanted to invest.

They do have them for links not sure about woodlands. When I played I did look at a links one in the proshop…but I didn’t buy it because they weren’t particularly useful to me. They didn’t have runout distances, yardages to front or green grids. They were as basic of a yardage book as you could get. Just a picture of the hole and a few distances.

With that said, they have sprinkler heads on them and if anyone in this thread has one of the books and can send me pictures, it would be much appreciated. The sprinkler heads tend to be the most useful markers on fairways and you can only get them by walking the course and taking inventory or by referencing another book.

1 Like

Let me check when I’m back home i might have one sitting around.

2 Likes

I have a rangefinder, but not knowing the greens was a huge issue. The second time around on the Links I likely saved 5 strokes just having a little bit of knowledge.

3 Likes

@scottmcconnell37 were you the one asking to be added to the waitlist? Happy to get you on there if that’s the case.

For anyone else, just post in the thread here or DM me if you want to be added/removed/etc.