The Midwest "Ope"-in August 20th & 21st, 2021: We're Getting The Band Back Together?

You’re no fun

God In Bruges is good

4 Likes

I have the back of a 96 year old woman. I need a mattress like I need air to breathe.

5 Likes

Nothing like drinking a bottle of bourbon and awkwardly shimming into a sleeping bag for the night, amiright?

4 Likes

Rolling out to the sun rise. Dunking in the lake to be baptized by St Rappeo, then proceeding to shoot an out of body number at Lawsonia.

5 Likes

Careful, Green Lake is the deepest natural lake in Wisconsin.

1 Like

The SWHGC gang by the end of the day on Saturday (2:22-2:25)

2 Likes

And probably one of the cleanest, so don’t screw that up either.

3 Likes

Folks,

We are down to one open tent-only campsite at Hattie Sherwood Campground.

Shout-out to the campsite manager, DJ, for handling a bunch of sickos spamming his inbox randomly for reservations 10 months in advance and keeping it organized.

#31 is all that’s remaining.

8 Likes

I am going to Invest in a quality one for this trip specifically.

1 Like

On the road to the boat launch; who’s renting the pontoon?

Going through Golf Magazine, and the Lawsonia (Links) course is ranked T87, ahead of both Sand Valley and Mammoth Dunes (91 and 96 respectively)

2 Likes

Maybe they put sand in the bunkers for the day the course got rated.

6 Likes

Generally I would say “don’t hit it there” or "it’s supposed to be a penalty, but they are generally, not great. Oliphant slipped the Golf Magazine rater a few bucks and tossed in a membership?

Mammoth any lower than #1 invalidates that list.

2 Likes

I am but the humble messenger…however they also had WBYC above all of these and Erin Hills off entirely. So make of this what you will

1 Like

WBYC should be #2 behind Mammoth.

As long as there aren’t rocks/pebbles in the bunkers, we should be ok.

So the article is the top 100 in the country, but as this is primarily Midwest content/folks here is the Top 50 they give for the Heartland…please direct all slander to Golf Magazine (Ratings panel and Ran Morrissett)

2 Likes

Thankfully those are movable, lose impediments. Because they are certainly out there.

1 Like