The Grudge Match: A Thread That Needs to be Deleted So Future Generations Will Not Know Our Shame

I would just like to point out that some of us have been in the gym religiously for 8 years and some of us were not blessed with the fatass gene. And don’t EVER question my affinity for CHEESEburgers (hamburgers, @WarbirdND?? Are you a masochist??)

5 Likes

Spin class isnt “hitting the gym”

3 Likes

You obviously have never been to a real spin class. Those women are insane.

3 Likes

This is correct. i havent seen a gym in like 8 years.

1 Like

Honestly, I think we need to get @HoganFan52 a warm up match. I’m genuinely concerned that if he looses he’ll be devastated and if he wins @aannddyy00 will probably stab him with a shiv*in the parking lot. My logic here is similar to the NFL not allowing freshmen to go pro because they aren’t physically ready. I don’t wNt anyone to die.
On the other hand, I feel like @HoganFan52 has a ton of game and is sitting there like “WHAT.”
One caveat: as @HoganFan52 starts his new job at the club in Virginia, will he work so much that he can no longer play? Will he loose his Hoganesque magic touch?

(*Translation for the cloistered millennials on the refuge, a shiv is a crude knife. Typically found in prisons.).

2 Likes

Short answer: no.

Long answer: hell no.

But you’re right about one thing, I’ve never handled losing well.

Fight fans,
We’ve got a hungry rookie here in @HoganFan52 just looking to throw blows. Gotta love the fighting spirit. One of my new refuge favorites. Like a young Connor McGregor!

I don’t know @aannddyy00

@HoganFan52 ain’t backing down for anything or anyone.

New odds:
@aannddyy00 -130
@HoganFan52 +120

Want to make sure we’re clear here. @aannddyy00, in a word, is “scrappy” on and off the course. Sees a guy like me with height and weight advantage and says “fuck it, I’ll just spear his ass and see what happens”. Grinds out scores with the best of em and will most definitely stare you down when, not if, he jars a big putt on you. And that 2-footer to halve? Better believe you’re putting at least one of those out, probably on hole 16.

@HoganFan52 is young, brash, and “fit” in a very 2019 kind of way (see: religious gym goer that can hide behind a light pole, maybe training to be a really tall jockey?). Has game, but probably not as much as his counterpart here. Thinks his way around a track, will relish hitting first from the fairway and views it as a yuge advantage.

To sum up, golf match is too close to call at this point but the edge is with @aannddyy00 in my book. We all know how the bar brawl would go, but let’s face it @HoganFan52 isn’t going to the kind of joint where “you take it outside” so it’s no concern. Looking forward to this clash.

4 Likes

I’m sure there will come a day where I miss being called “young”. Better cherish it now.

I didn’t wake up today thinking about opening a can of whoopass, but you fine gentlemen are really making my mouth water.

(I’d also like to clarify that said whoopass can is only in relation to the proposed golf match. I have no wish to engage in a physical altercation with a man who has been associated with shivs.)

@WarbirdND have you seen @aannddyy00 in action? Both on and off course?

@HoganFan52 shows his first chink in the armor…

Connor McGregor would never say anything like that.

Updated odds:
@aannddyy00 -160
@HoganFan52 +150

I’ve got a cool $100 on Hoganfan52.

How soon can we get this one going? @aannddyy00, as the elder statesmen, can you fly to Virginia?

Haha I have not in either arena, just channeling my inner Laz with the predictions. But I’ll take the bet. Counting on you @aannddyy00.

Are you down for some Ho Sung props tomorrow? I’ve got a spare $100…

Line em up in the ho sung thread my man.

Much to unpack here.

Getting to VA is low on my priority list, as the so called elder statesman, I do have responsibilities few younger millennials in their mid 20s have nowadays. IE: a career, and children.

I will be in the armpit of The Palmetto State the 3rd week of March. If @HoganFan52 is interested in a neutral site contest, that would be our best bet.

@Lazstradamus I don’t mess with shivs, but my pocket knife is always hair popping sharp and features over 3 inches of blade length. I fight dirty. I’ll pull hair, kicks to the groin are on the table. Brute strength not being a component in my fighting style, grit, and a willingness to break from the conventional idea of a “fair fight” are important aspects in my self defense techniques.

@HoganFan52 will indeed need to bring his earplugs to the land of the great one’s son in law. I don’t think he will have had enough experience in dealing with the gamesmanship and “jaw-jacking” that a loud mouthed skinny guy with much larger friends has had the opportunity to develop over his 35 trips around the sun.

I would propose a side bet. @HoganFan52 claims to appreciate accuracy from the tee. I’ll go with that. $100 per fairway missed. Most drives with driver in the fairway wins. I’ll even give him 2.

3 Likes

Feeling REALLY good about my assessment of @aannddyy00 right now.

1 Like

So uncool. Kinda makes it cool?

I’m not the one crying out for more, deeper rough and 2,200 trees lining every fairway.

This is a chance for @HoganFan52 to put his money where his mouth is.

1 Like

WIDTH AND ANGLES
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
WIDTH AND ANGLES
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just to clarify @aannddyy00, is it OK if someone financially backs @HoganFan52? As a former shirt folder (asst. pro) I know the stark realities of making like $12/hour.

1 Like

I don’t care where the funding for my golf trip comes from.

You can take the whole bet for him if you want.

To be clear, I’m not all #widthandangles to the degree Andy Johnson is. But I’m a fucking wizard with the one wood. So anytime someone wants to play a game with a driver that isn’t strictly all distance, I take that bet.

@HoganFan52

3 Likes

I’m glad you’ve come to see the light @Lazstradamus and have joined team @HoganFan52

I’m sure we can come to a mutualy benefical arrangement to financially back him if needed