The Cornstalk @ Landmand GC (Homer, NE) - June 2-3, 2024

Hello, friends.

You may have seen this event percolating in various Roll Call threads over the last month or so… mayhaps you stumbled across a link in the Landmand travel thread. It’s possible you have heard whispers; rumblings, rumors of a two-day meetup of unknown magnitude in northeast Nebraska.

With the first polar vortex of the season bearing down and very little better to do (work? In this economy?), it is finally time to give shape to those rumors; consolidate the chatter (and hype), and make things Event Thread Official. Without further ado:

WHO: Any and all golf sickos (up to 112 golfers)
WHAT: The Cornstalk
WHERE: Landmand Golf Club - Homer, NE
WHEN: Sunday, June 2nd and Monday, June 3rd 2024
WHY: … It’s Landmand, man
COST: $350 includes 18 holes Sunday, 18 holes Monday, tee gifts and prizes
FORMAT: TBD but likely some flavor of own ball, both days count, gross and net divisions. Let’s be real, it’s fuckin’ Landmand. Nobody is making their decision based on format. The one thing we do know is we will have tee times (no shotgun) with 20 min. gaps.

I’m assuming since you’re on this blog, you’re at least aware of Landmand, but just in case… Landmand is a Tad King/Rob Collins design situated “Up Top” on a bluff in northeastern Nebraska. Now, I’m not super well-traveled when it comes to golf. But I can say that the first word that comes to mind when you see the property is “scale”. The second and third words are “holy” and “shit”, in that order. The place is just utterly - at times overwhelmingly - massive. If you’re keen to read further, I recommend Rob’s story from the King - Collins website.

Now for the fine print:

Payment
Please pay when you register. Full transparency: the cost of golf is $150/round = $300. Stripe takes 3% ($10.45) which leaves $39.55 per person for tee gifts and prizes. We plan to keep the tee gifts pretty minimal for this event because the Landmand pro shop will demand some serious attention. Any remainder will be donated to North Star United’s charity partner, Gillette Children’s Specialty Care.

Refund Policy
Stuff comes up. I get it. The unfortunate reality is that I don’t want to be holding the bag if/when it does, and the fairest way to prevent that is to have a “Commit or Die” policy.
Cancel today - May 2: 50% refund. If you aren’t sure you can make it, don’t sign up until you are.
Cancel May 3 - June 2: No refunds

Lodging
We have a block of 30 rooms held at the Hard Rock Hotel for Sunday, June 2nd. Just ask for “Lucky Guys Distillery”!

Thank you for reading all that. And big thank you to @GRWhitehead for laying the groundwork to make this all possible.

http://ukg.golf/q?ac=EBSogmgP

One last little thing:

INTEREST CHECK: Smathers & Branson (Event Logo) Leather/Needlepoint Hip Flasks
  • IN @ $75 per flask (MOQ 30)
  • IN @ $55 per flask (MOQ 50)
  • OUT
0 voters

Edit: Just to be clear to all those who had already signed up through Golf Genius before the migration - you do NOT need to sign up again. Just pay with the link I sent out earlier this week (DM if you didn’t see that).

31 Likes

So looking forward to this.

I’m bringing a car full of folks from the Green Bay location of The Supper Club.

If anyone along the route is thinking of some bonus golf before / after the event let me know!

10 Likes

You’re guaranteed to get a game somewhere. I’ll definitely be hitting up Old Dane one of the days for a bonus 9.

3 Likes

Lots of great golf in the area, I’ll be making a longer trip of it.

5 Likes

Sick. Been waiting for this come out and given the current blizzard, much needed relief. . Heading over from eastern Iowa.

5 Likes

4 Likes

I’ll be driving from Milwaukee and am up for golf before/after.

4 Likes

Scouting

18 Likes

The pro shop is going to be a problem.

8 Likes

Geez I have a packed May / June with my brother getting married around then. Likely gonna have to pick between this and Erin Hills the week before

1 Like

fuck. i cant go to this. but i sure as hell want that flask.

6 Likes

Fuck. Weekend before The Extinction. Have the vacation days, but don’t know if I can get the financials approved by the wife, but god damn I want to play there so bad.

3 Likes

FMK: Me, @midwestgolfbum, your brother.

9 Likes

Can confirm. I kept it simple last year with only a polo, hat, and ball marker.

2 Likes

Make wise choices @Ultra-Kiger

9 Likes

giphy-1

7 Likes

I too am playing The Extinction the following week but my course is also closed for a mid-am four ball that weekend, so this is certainly an intriguing opportunity.

6 Likes

Everyone’s answer is K the brother right? RIGHT??

4 Likes

I mean, yeah.

2 Likes

giphy

4 Likes