The Carolina Swig & Swing - 3/14/20 - DETAILS IN POST 826, RAFFLE ITEMS & PAIRINGS POST 1672

• Committed to this and have told wife
  • Committed to this, have not told wife, and plan on framing this as a trip for her last minute
  • Wayne voice : ā€œIā€™m singleā€

0 voters

1 Like

option d) committed, havenā€™t told the wife yet, but anything on the calendar this far out is Gospel so Iā€™m just adding it.

4 Likes

What is best guess on price for this courseā€¦ is there a replay rate?

Replay rate is 5 bucks, itā€™s like 10-18 to walk i canā€™t remember. May be a little more on the weekends. Awesome course too, has anyone posted some of the history here??

@gatorz7888 are you hating on Aiken? Itā€™s criminally underrated.

edit: fuck iā€™m an idiot

3 Likes

Walking price is $24 (for 9) with a $10 replay rate.

Oops.

I totally forgot about the replay rate until you said this, that really brings the cost down when youā€™re loopin over and over.

What about the replay replay replay replay replay rate

10 bucks/loop

So we can pay $24. Then $10 per loop so total say $65 a pop. And own the joint.

Just give it to em all up front

If its only $34 for 18 holes, I cant imagine it would be that expensive to rent out for the day. Especially with guaranteed $$.

2 Likes

Last time I played it during the week it was $19 to walk 9, then $5 to walk second loop

1 Like

They might also want to let other people play. Perfectly normal for a course that is as public as it gets.

See if Furman University Golf Club is convenient. I havenā€™t played it but have heard good things. If nothing else getting some FU Golf merch would be worth the stop.

1 Like

if it wasnā€™t the last day before iā€™m out of town for like 2 weeks, iā€™d go over and take pics of the 9 Sifford story plaques on each of the holes

Sorry but Do you work for them? What gives? are you opposed for some reason?

Great article on the course, basically the first course to allow black people to play golf in Charlotte. Itā€™s located right near downtown in a historic neighborhood and the people that play there have been playing there for years. Everyone is about as nice as it gets too.

1 Like

Heā€™s not opposed to renting it out but theyā€™re telling him no at this point. Weā€™re going to go in and talk to them in person in a few weeks. The course also has a really big hold on that community, and if we rented it out, the guys who have played there every weekend for their entire lives wouldnā€™t get to play.

3 Likes

sign em up, ill take a local partner.

2 Likes