The Carolina Swig & Swing - 3/14/20 - DETAILS IN POST 826, RAFFLE ITEMS & PAIRINGS POST 1672

Big thanks to everyone that keeps making this event better and better. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Did anyone ever post the approximate coordinates of said AirBNB /Valhalla?

We won’t know until like 1 month before the event, or something like that. It’s not far from the course at all from the general area they show you I think.

Course circled in red.

2 Likes

damn. struck gold right here. also a sneaky way to keep an active eye on their property while people are getting hammered haha

1 Like

Wasn’t aware there was a Queen Cincinnati.

This also hence why Charlotte, NC sits in Mecklenburg Count.

Just some scientific facts for the group :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You and me both brother

1 Like

Updated it a bit, as best I could tell…

That’s so dope. Great job guis.

5 Likes

4001 Yancey / OMB would be directly downwards on that map from the course. Good option for a large group

2 Likes

my house is like right directly outside the circle

3 Likes

This is incredible. I’m going to nominate this host for the Nobel peace Prize. They’re normally so stingy.

7 Likes

I’ve been to one BnB in my life and it was for the BCN Barn Burner.

@jaygrizzle and @cmaherw stayed in the same place.

There were so. Many. Rules.

The biggest and most important one? Closing doors, silently. Ninja style. Our host gave us a 3 minute lesson on how to properly close doors.

The whole time I’m looking at her like “lady, you’re nice and all but I don’t plan to do anything but sleep and shower in here. Mmkay?”

I’m guessing the Charlotte BnB rules book will be…different.

6 Likes

I need to hear more about this door closing lesson/ other stories about this woman

2 Likes

This touches on one of my biggest pet peeves, and that’s when I shut an Uber car door with (in my opinion) an appropriate amount of force and they shout “DONT SLAM THE DOOR”. I swear I’m not shutting them too hard! Like your standard rotate-your-body-and-also-shut-the-door-in-the-process type of motion. Some people are just weird about doors I guess.

3 Likes

Adjacent to the kitchen and off the dining room was this…shrine, of sorts. Various sprigs of incense available, multiple flora most likely found in Asian restaurants, a couple of rolled up yoga mats. And a fish tank.

Not that I’m judging or questioning the rooms existence but the placement of it in the house was strange. Like I’d come down and do some yoga while @jaygrizzle stares blankly out the window over the Mr. Coffee and @cmaherw is anxiously awaiting for his whole grain toast to pop up.

3 Likes

Wtf… I Guess I’ve never done an air bnb where the host is actually staying there to

Ahh… looks like a regular old bnb… never done that

It’s a good option because it’s usually cheaper than your own place. I’ve done both. Private room when traveling by myself. Whole place for buddy trip or when my gf and I are going somewhere.

3 Likes

2 Likes

@anon29849602 Are you planning on verifying attendance with the guests on the attendance list? I am on the alternate list but want to make sure there is time to book travel in case I get in… (BTW: I want in on this action)

1 Like

go ahead and book your travel and just show up…whats the worst that could happen?

2 Likes