The 3 Bed Room (NC vs VA) July 23 2022 - Pete Dye River Course Radford VA (sign ups at post 370)

A few of questions:

1. Where else should I be playing Friday / Saturday AM / Sunday?
    I know The River course and would love to have it on the itinerary.
    I have played the Virginia Tech course, the Hill (shoutout Lanto), and Auburn Hills a ton.
    I know Ballyhack has a $300 unaccompanied guest fee.
  2. Do folks like bunking up for these things? First event that I won’t be staying at home. Saw a decent priced VRBO I can pull the trigger on.
  3. Who has dirt on @JohnP? I want to start prepping the trash talking now.
4 Likes

plenty of room to put some dirt in here, its not being used

also, im down to bunk up

8 Likes

I heard a rumor he’s down on Mid Pines. Bad take or mental instability? Who can say

1 Like

River course on Friday afternoon would not be a bad spot at all for us… I’m guessing getting tee times out there on a hot ass July afternoon would be quite easy. If the river course on Friday afteroon is the general feel I can call down Monday when I’m back from nc on a work trip.

Hanging rock I’m a member at as well, can always fall back there but it’s not spectacular by any means.

They took this down lol, when notre dame was in town in 18 I wanted my pic taken with it but it’s gone now.

If you find a place to stay let me know. I am pretty much down for anything.

either of exit 150 in daleville on 1-81 near the course, or off exit 4 on I-581 at valley view mall area will be your best bets

congrats man!

1 Like

IN

4 Likes

Just joined up on the NC side, looking forward to it this would be my first event.

5 Likes

Welcome to team NC!

1 Like

Heck yeah man! Excited to have you.

You’ll fit in great around here this a huge Red Sox town with minor league affiliate in Salem

when I see someone else post or be active at 3am while sitting in my office at work:

1 Like

It’s 4:15 here on the east coast…I’m on the toilet currently getting ready for the gym to open at 4:30.

Early to the gym, early to the office = me out for 18 this afternoon around 3:30!

(I’m a sicko yes)

Love that!
Yeah I am in WNC, I meant to put 4:00 ha. I work 3rd shift so I appreciate the grind!

1 Like

Thanks to both you and @Double_Bogey_Dave. Yeah I’ve been to a game there actually while working at Virginia Tech for a bit. Love the area and looking forward to being back up there to dominate!

2 Likes

Just signed up for Team VA on the old Google doc. Still room?

2 Likes

I can take up to like 96 people for this if need be so tell your boys too

Charity portion… update/? for you all

I had planned to donate to the local HS golf team that often struggles to field a team and would promote diversity in golf in our region…

And can still do that, however I was recently tipped off that my challenger league (special needs baseball team) won’t be able to hold a golf outing as a fundraiser this summer (has to due with covid back log, dates, and choosing to utilize that time with players on the field rather than raising funds) and I thought if you all wanted to, maybe we could donate there too?

backstory there; I have coached this team for 7 years now, all the kids are special needs varying from both mental and physical special challenges in life. We provide the league, uniform, and equipment 100% free of charge to parents and are a legit accredited LL unit and non profit. We feel many of these parents have enough on their plate and never want cost to be restrictive for these kids. If I’m waaaaaaay off base with this one, I understand and am totally cool doing something golf related as planned.

18 Likes

This sounds like an excellent choice and one close to your heart.

7 Likes