The 3 Bed Room (NC vs VA) July 23 2022 - Pete Dye River Course Radford VA (sign ups at post 370)

Highly likely in for this

1 Like

I’m in for the residence inn by the airport.

I’ll host the Fri night happy hour at the hotel lounge.

2 Likes

That’s actually about a perfect location too, maybe 10-15 from the course and a solid central location

So as far as the format for this… lets get some input please?
Was thinking the best NC vs VA format would be one of the following:

1. pair up singles matches based on HC, play singles matches for the border title, keep your own score for the singles as well.
  2. Everyone gets a quota based on stableford I believe? And then I guess it doesn’t matter who your match would be against as you its how well you hit your quota vs theirs? (someone help me fill in the details if I’m wrong here but this sounded like a much simpler solution than trying to have 20 even matches or more)

Then we have a net winner at the end that gets the NIT bid? IDC how the bid is given out or whatever, yall tell me whats best

I think going with the second option will probably be easier to manage the day of. Give each player a quota based on their handicap, have them submit their final score and points at the end of the round, highest point total at the end takes the title. The NIT bid could go to the player who gained the most points over their quota?

I have been running a Ryder Cup style event the last few years (MD v VA) and even with 8-10 matches that gets a little hectic when trying to get everyone to the tee on time and make sure they know their groups.

2 Likes

this is exactly what I was looking for thanks man

Are the NLU events like 36 minus HC?

1 Like

The only comment I would make is match play and quota feel like very different things. I do agree that it’s tough with trying to figure out the NIT spot.

For the helicopter cup we said it was the winning team MVP who got the spot, as voted on by the team.

No matter what I am ready to take down @JohnP and that’s all I care about. Go Hokies.

4 Likes

gross

yeah I agree there. I think a total # of points for each side is probably the way to go

Gobble gobble

1 Like

they’re more of fly to swat these days on the football field than a threat anymore, I may end up going back to lane this fall but I doubt it.

1 Like

Don’t even get me started.

We used to have season tix before kids. Ending our large financial relationship at the end of ‘11 couldn’t have been more timely.

1 Like

18th is greening up.

Good news, by the time we play this, we should be moving from a par 73 to a par 72. Par 6 stays, but hole #10 is par 4 that used to be a range on the original course and is an ass hat of a hole. It sucks donkey balls. Its gone. Par 3 into an island green is back (its been maintained for a while, but was part of failed third 9 that closed years back)

3 Likes

Awesome!

Really looking forward to this in a couple months. Will be my first planned meet up with anyone from the Refuge and I’m sure it’s going to be a blast. It will also help to validate my countless hours listening, reading and watching nolayingup content because I’m not convinced my wife gets it… But who could say!?

2 Likes

As some of you have heard we will be closing hole #10 in the not so distant future (hopefully early May) and including the island green #9 of the Orchards as our #10 hole. We are going to update some cart path areas within the hole before we open it up for play. Scorecards will be updated with this change as well as course ratings and hole handicapping.

Like this is about the best news I’ve gotten out there since they installed an under 40 rate

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what logo we come up with for some Merch

Check out with the Pacific Northwest group got for their event

2 Likes

We can absolutely do something like this too, @Double_Bogey_Dave has sent me some info on it, and if anyone else if good with logos or has access to that kind of thing, I’m pretty much here to serve yall and can make anything happen. What I lack is creativity, good ideas, and a short game.

2 Likes

Basically the deal is that we can get that pricing too, but we have to commit to spending $2000 on merch… We are a lower end event as far as #s go right now (we have roughly 40-45 ish once I add a few that need that verballed and such, can take LOT more so if you wan to add plus ones and have them make accounts, go for it, its great for us to grow NLU and give back to the guise too)

That being said…can we get to 2K in merch sales yall think?

I’d like to think I’d be in for $100. I think main thing would be how cool the logo is.

2 Likes

yeah thats the part I got nothing to contribute to lol