STROH's Presents: Sixers On Ice - January 19/20 2024, New Braunfels, TX

The STROH’s Party Planning Committee humbly invites you to join us on the banks of the Comal River at Landa Park Golf Course for a match play boondoggle the likes of which have never been seen before.

Welcome Video

When – January 19/20. 2024

Where – Landa Park Golf Course (New Braunfels, TX)

Format – Individual match play

• 3x6 hole matches each day
  • 1pt per hole won/.5 pts for holes halved/1 pt bonus for match won

Entry fee - $200 ($50 due at sign up / $150 due on or before January 4) - Venmo @ Robert_McCall (last 4 = 4950)

Fee covers:

• 2 rounds of golf walking (carts can be purchased on the day of play if you would like to ride)
  • Tee gift(s)
  • Group dinner on January 19th

As a reminder. This is the STROHs NIT qualifying event

To sign up please click the link below:

6 Likes

@Preston
Can’t tag the whole RMR crew, but this just went live. Look forward to seeing you guys again this year!

1 Like

@BigPlex For those inspired by the current Astros-Rangers series to head down south and compete, I’d definitely consider signing up for the STROHS’ winter event!

3 Likes

@OliveLoaf
I am unable to tag the entire supercell in this thread. Would you mind spreading the good word to your Roost?

1 Like

@TheSupercell

3 Likes

The 'Cell is heading south!

5 Likes

You love to see it!

3 Likes

Since this event is new to some, I am adding a screen grab of the info sheet. A few items are subject to change but it should handle any FAQ’s. If there are any other questions please ask away on here so others will be able to see it.

1 Like

@RMcCall you can give my spot up for the next person on the wait list. I will not be able to make this weekend.

No worries!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Sixers Information + Reminders

Deposits & Entry Fee

On January 2 I will begin requesting the full payment of the entry fee via venmo. The remaining balance after $50 deposit is $150. Some have paid, and if you would like to pay in full now please venmo me when you can. (Venmo: @Robert_McCall – last 4 = 4950)

Tee Times

Friday January 19th
Tee times start at 11:00am and run to 12:30pm

Saturday January 20th
Tee times start at 8:00am and run to 9:30am

If you need a late or early start due to travel or any other reason, please let me know as soon as possible

Check In

On January 19th the check in desk will be in the banquet room at Landa Park GC and will open at 10am. All players are advised to check in a minimum of 30 minutes prior to their tee time. At check in you will receive your tee gifts and details on live scoring + scorecards.

Landa Park does not have a driving range. They do have hitting nets and a short game area available.

Golf is included in your entry fee. If you would like to take a cart you will need to pay for it in the golf shop. The course is very walkable but there are some long walks between holes 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 17-18

Group Dinner

We will be having a group dinner at Krause’s the evening of the 19th. Dinner will include appetizers, roasted pig, sides, and two drink tickets per person. Dinner will be set to start at 6:30pm which should give the final groups time to check in to their rooms and get to the restaurant.

If anyone has any food allergies, please let me know so we can work with the restaurant to accommodate

Other Items

· If you have not booked accommodation and are planning on staying overnight in New Braunfels I recommend Resort at the Bahn.

· Landa Park has a great app with GPS available. It is very handy for anyone who has not played the course before

· We plan on using Unknown Golf for live scoring. Please download the Unknown Golf app and create an account with them so you can participate in live scoring for the event.

“The After Party”

A decision has been made… To organize a game for Sunday January 21st. Sixers + 1 if you will. We have secured four tee times starting at 9:00am at The Bandit which is also in New Braunfels. If you would like a spot please add your name to sheet 3 on the Sixers Sign up doc. HERE

This round is not included in your $200 entry fee

As always, if you have any questions please shoot me an email, DM, or call/text me at 432-770-4950

1 Like

If anyone is looking for an escape from the cold weather climates, we have one spot left for our Sixers event. This is the extended forecast for the days of the event.

This is so so tempting

1 Like

Price-is-right-come-on-down GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 Like

There’s a small chance I switch jobs in the next few weeks. If that’s the case I may just happen to have a free week during this time. If so I’m there!

1 Like

We had a little bit of everything at Sixers on Ice 2024. Below freezing temps leading into the competition days, high winds, four hour delay and a forced shotgun start had us on our heels early. None of that affected the high level competition and we were able to crown a deserving champion!

Congratulations to Austin Baccus our 2024 Sixers on Ice champion. We look forward to having you back in 2025 to defend your title.

Full results are below:

Winner – Austin Baccus – 28 pts

Runner(s) Up – @Benzopyrene / @HoselRocketeer / @Fjamgolf – 27 pts

Total charitable contribution for this event was: $1895.40

Thanks for all who traveled from other Roosts (shout out PNW Crew / Big Plex / Supercell / RMR) and all the STROHs who braved the difficult conditions. We look forward to having everyone back in 2025.

4 Likes