St. Rappeo Classic

Sure but you have to think about the significance of holding the championship round on 3.16???

4 Likes

TRUE

@Zeke He is a Pastor in Virginia, the Lord has blessed him with some talent and a smooth swing!

2 Likes

I like the idea of Thursday Friday better as well!

1 Like

Thanks @mintbucket
What the heck are we talking about that you outed me and my profession? :eyes::eyes:

I need an intro to the St. Rappeo reference too.

1 Like

Sorry wasnā€™t trying to out you. But the St Rappeo classic is up your alley.

Strapped Louisiana episode one. The Birth of St Rappeo

https://youtu.be/kzBJXoPyX3A

3 Likes

No worries. Was just busting your chops a bit.

And thanks to this info. Iā€™ll watch later so I can understand how Rappeo becomes a saint. :woozy_face::woozy_face::innocent:

2 Likes

The NFL draft has been producing saints for a while nowā€¦

1 Like

I am in!

Basically, myself and another pastor here in Louisiana had the idea of a No Laying Up Tournament for ā€œClergy.ā€ Weā€™re keeping the term clergy as a loose distinction. Youth ministers and Church workers are counting! The winner is the official ā€œchaplainā€ of No Laying Up. Now I guess it canā€™t be official until Big Randy gives us the nod. I say big Randy because he seems to be the most philosophical and reflective, if not religious of the crew. Though I am counting on Tron and Neilā€™s backing on this thing. Who can tag him on this thread?

All in all itā€™s just a chance to have a golf trip with other golf obsessed pastors. We may be few, but weā€™re passionate.

6 Likes

@Randy @Tron @MerchCzar - You have been summoned by the cloth

3 Likes

Why yes it is.

2 Likes

Another UMC pastor here. Iā€™m in Spartanburg and love this idea.

4 Likes

Ah. St. Rappeo, pray for us recalcitrant sinners (golfers ahem!) May she be ever blessed.

The Dabo giveth and the Dabo taketh away.

2 Likes

Should the course(s) be value-centric muni tracks? We wouldnā€™t want to bring reproach upon the Patron Saint of cheap golf. Iā€™m not super learned on different locales but my gut says RTJ courses donā€™t fit that ethos?

A good thought, and Iā€™m open to what everyone wants, but I would personally like to compete it on the RTJ courses. if Iā€™m driving in and making a trip of it, Iā€™m fine with spending a little more to see and play courses that have been on my list of wants for a while. Plus, I think when it comes to ā€œbang for your buckā€ RTJ courses are recognized as a good deal. If we choose the Oxmoor Valley courses, they cost about $65 the website says. Iā€™d probably come early and get the short course and Ross Bridge in as well.

2 Likes
  • March 17th - 18th: Birmingham (Oxmore Valley Courses) Two round, individual, stroke play tournament
  • March 17th - 18th: Birmingham (Oxmore Valley Courses) Two round, 2 man ā€œBest Ballā€ tournament
  • March 17th - 18th: St. Francisville La. (The Bluffs/ Beaver Creek) Two round, individual stroke play tournament
  • March 17th - 18th: St. Francisville La. (The Bluffs/ Beaver Creek) Two round, 2 man ā€œBest Ballā€ tournament

0 voters

1 Like

Figured Iā€™d start making decisions unless there are other dates/ places yall have in mind. If we get enough people generally committed Iā€™m going to put in the work to reserve the tee-times and plan itinerary with venues for ā€œdinnerā€ hangouts for after rounds.

1 Like

Btwā€¦ March 17th is the Feast of St. Patrick!

1 Like