Splash of OJ Presents: The Rollback @ Sun N Lake (Sebring, FL) Aug 5 2023

@ASplashOfOJ

@DombrowBryan has cooked up an awesome format for our first event of the 2023-24 Season. Please allow me to present The Rollback! This event will be a low net “bonus” event in which you’ll get extra strokes based on usage of old equipment.

I’m sure there will be plenty of questions about this format, but it certainly should be an awesome time.

You will see that this event will carry an entry of $15. We will be looking recoup costs to utilize Unknown Golf for scoring this season, once the $50 is recovered the extra will all go directly to the charity.

Signups here

13 Likes

Love love love this.

2 Likes

What could go wrong?

6 Likes

Need me to ship you some blades?

1 Like

I still have my Bridgestone J33B !

1 Like

5 Likes

Fucking love the format. I hope to see a “WITB” from all of the participants. Great stuff guys.

@ASplashOfOJ

New hat order upcoming, get involved!!! Navy is the overwhelming favorite

1 Like

@ASplashOfOJ

Signup sheet looking a bit light, let’s get involved here.

Also, after some input, made a few tweaks to the bonus categories to balance things out a bit.

3 Likes

I will be back at my parents house a week before this event, I’ll grab all the old clubs I have and pop them on the list as well. There are some gems in their garage

1 Like

@ASplashOfOJ only 12 people are signed up for our first event of the 2023-24 season, this is going be a great format! Sign up!

3 Likes

Currently what I’ll have in the bag for the event. Might look for an older 60° and I have to cut down the 7 iron to normal length and match the rest of the set.

Downside to qualifying for regional team is I won’t get to practice much with these. Could get ugly trying to elevate a wound ball with a 3 iron or transitioning from a face balanced mallet to an 8802 in less than a week.

Get involved and sign up, @ASplashOfOJ members. You can get a jump start on next seasons points race. This course is always in fantastic condition and the wound ball will go further in the August heat*. I also have plenty of vintage stuff to borrow if you need those bonus shots.

*Not a guarantee but it just sounds true, doesn’t it?

8 Likes

I’m getting screwed by being ahead of the curve in the late 90’s and early 00’s with my combo irons :rofl:

Excited to finally get to this area for golf, it’s a blind spot for me.

1 Like

@DombrowBryan is this a pick your own tee event too? Or are we going to all tip it out with persimmons :rofl:

3 Likes

We will be playing the whites at 6170. Would have liked something in the 5800 range but golds dip all the way to 5480.

If you roll back the ball and shorten the course too much, what’s the point? Also, CARNAGE!!!

7 Likes

I support all of this

3 Likes

Welcome to 1980’s golf boys. I’m so excited about this tournament! Just wanted to snap a quick pic of the bag and the weapons for some viewing pleasure (me). All I’m missing are the balatas. I also have a lot of persimmons that’s are in good shape if anyone wants some extra bonus points. Get involved ladies and gents this will be a fun event!

9 Likes

Reigning SoOJ Champ coming out HOT!

Wish I could be there gang but I’ll be see you all soon.

4 Likes

the kid is dialed up

2 Likes

@ASplashOfOJ

Please signup on Unknown Golf if you haven’t yet, this is our go forward for scoring next season

http://ukg.golf/join/SplashofOJ

1 Like