Splash of OJ Presents: A Major Hangover @ Eagle Harbor (Jax, FL) April 15 2023

@ASplashOfOJ some golf news…

Wild 2-Man Mixed Format here!
Holes 1-6 scramble, gross.
Holes 7-12 Shamble,gross
Holes 13-18 Total Stokes, net

4 Likes

I’ll have an optional “closest to the pin” on all par 3s for $10 per player.

I’m really looking forward to this format. Hopefully it makes things interesting coming down the stretch.

4 Likes

if anyone wants a partner who will get torched in the net portion let me know :rofl:

2 Likes

Love this! @jwfickett @OffTheDole

Would love to play, this is the week before Bandon so I’m going to ask the wife very carefully.

If anyone is traveling and wants to make a weekend out of it I can see about getting a few tee times at Jax Beach Friday afternoon. No promises as these things have gotten tougher with Bruce gone but I’ll do my best.

6 Likes

@ASplashOfOJ Lots of open spots for this one in Jax. @Soly & @Tron not sure if you gents will be in town.

4 Likes

I’d pair up with you Max just to watch you hit slingers both directions!! Truly an artist!

Unfortunately, I’m already playing in a tournament in Tampa that Sat. Good Luck!

1 Like

ahaha I do what I can :paintbrush:

2 Likes

Wife’s birthday. I’m not sure this would be the smartest move I could make.

6 Likes

4 Likes

What’s the shower situation at Eagle Harbor?

4 Likes

poor at best. There is a nice lake off the back patio though.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I’m out for this event as I am going to Bandon on Monday and my wife looked like she would kill me if I took the Saturday before to play. But if anyone wants to play Jax beach the Friday afternoon before I can try to get a few times if there’s interest but let me know cause tee times go quick.

FOLKS - still a ton of spots open for next weekend. Celebrate Brooks’ resurgence with some #teamgolf presented by @MarkTE44 up in Jax!

@ASplashOfOJ

5 Likes

We have 8 spots left here @ASplashOfOJ please sign up asap if you can join us.

Also if you don’t have a partner please get that done in the next day or so, this will make it easier for @MarkTE44 to get the pairings together and get scoring setup.

Thank you

2 Likes

Tee Times for Saturday:

Screenshot (8)

3 Likes

Just a few things to point out before hand:

We will be playing the (III) tees. (one box forward from the tips)

Format: 2-Person Mixed

Holes 1-6 Scramble: Gross score from team

Holes 7-12 Shamble: Best Individual Gross score from team.
Shamble Format: Each golfer tees off and the best shot is selected, but from that point, each golfer plays his or her own ball until it is holed out.

Holes 13-18 Total Stokes: Net total of both players for the hole.

Please write the gross score only on the scorecard. I’ll make sure everyone has dots on their cards for the last 6 holes of the net portion. If you have any questions feel free to reach out. Looking forward to see everyone there!

5 Likes

We’ll also have two closest to the pin holes on holes 6 and 13. $10 per player. Cash or cash app will be fine. See you all tomorrow!

1 Like

Oh damn, I need to keep a better eye on these Roosts. Good luck tomorrow!

1 Like

FYI, late in the game for this (so this is likely a future reference type deal), but USGA does have a way to do net for team formats.

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/handicapping/roh/Content/rules/Appendix%20C%20Handicap%20Allowances.htm

2-man Scramble is 35% low handicap+15% high handicap. Not sure how to do a shamble…

Format Recommended Handicap Allowance
Foursomes 50% of combined team handicap
Greensomes 60% low handicap + 40% high handicap
Pinehurst/Chapman 60% low handicap + 40% high handicap
Best 1 of 4 stroke play 75%
Best 2 of 4 stroke play 85%
Best 3 of 4 stroke play 100%
All 4 of 4 stroke play 100%
Scramble (4 players) 25%/20%/15%/10% from lowest to highest handicap
Scramble (2 players) 35% low/15% high
Total score of 2 match play 100%
Best 1 of 4 Par/Bogey 75%