Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

Generous of you to offer.

@sundaybag offered to donate a BCN towel too (good advertising)

I’m the kind of guy that doesn’t like handouts…but I guess this bag is for the community, so having the community offer pieces to the project is only fitting?

If either of you would like to offer a towel or flag, please DM me for my address and we’ll get it added. Thanks guys!

1 Like

Every time I see this thread-title for a half second my brain thinks its about @sundaybag going on some Tom Coyne like walkabout of the US visiting various Refugees and their home courses.

6 Likes

I would write the shit out of that book. Plus, if @TomCoyne listed me as a contributing writer, my head would explode. I would totally attend one of his classes if the 11-hour commute was doable. Haha.

2 Likes

Hey guys, been out of town all week and just catching up here.
I am in, let me know if there is anything I could do to help. I would be happy to show it around Winter Park 9, or some nifty Philly area track.

Jules:
I’ll just walk the earth.

Vincent:
What’cha mean walk the earth?

Jules:
You know, walk the earth, meet people… get into adventures, build short courses. Like Kane in Kung Fu.

5 Likes

In the name of you plunging in to sewing, make it a requirement that everybody has to sew their own “mark” (badge) on to the bag itself…could get comical

I’ll mention that to him the next time we play.

1 Like

Along the lines of

Is it too far-fetched to consider crowd sourcing for a nice travel bag / box / hard case for it, or do we think getting USPS mailers / boxes is part of the charm?

Part of the issue with a nice box is weight. The heavier the shipping container, the more it will cost. And if it’s getting passed off by hand, a bulky box is going to get left behind sooner or later.

I think any old cardboard box/USPS mailer will do and that will sort of be part of the charm.

5 Likes

I am already on St. Joseph’s website looking at the course catalog to see if there are any online courses. :rofl:

1 Like

@mthoma12 was kind enough to fund the flag for this, so he automatically gets dibs to take the bag to Scotland next year to see the Old Course, Muirfield, Carnoustie, and North Berwik. Thanks again for offering!

This is like the equivalent of your baby being accepted to Alabama for a football scholarship when you’re still 8 months pregnant.

7 Likes

I have no idea if there’d be any interest in this, but I have a little bit of a design background. My Adobe Illustrator skills aren’t as sharp as they once were, but I can get around fairly well. What if I designed a little club style crest (community sourced ideas and edits welcomed) and when it’s done I could pay to have a custom embroidered patch done up for the bag? If anyone else liked it, we could crank out some additional ones at cost.

Zero pressure, just thought it might be cool and wanted to float the idea.

5 Likes

A man of many talents

1 Like

Suggested notebook:

https://www.amazon.com/Rite-Rain-Weatherproof-Top-Spiral-735-3/dp/B01N0139W7/ref=sr_1_3?crid=27H2UIVJOH3QC&keywords=rite+in+the+rain+notebooks&qid=1559839302&s=gateway&sprefix=rite+in+%2Caps%2C299&sr=8-3

Fits in your standard yardage book cover. I have an extra I can send you.

On second thought, bound/no spiral might work better:

https://www.amazon.com/Rite-Rain-Weatherproof-Mini-Stapled-Universal/dp/B00YDGV97K/ref=sr_1_13?crid=1UL5JPAGMYG6B&keywords=rite+in+the+rain+notebooks&qid=1559839421&s=gateway&sprefix=rite+in+the+%2Caps%2C295&sr=8-13

Happy to donate a pack to the cause.

1 Like

i like the look of this and the price is right…

https://www.amazon.com/Handmade-Leather-Journal-Writing-Notebook/dp/B074ZLWYJ6/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1N4H0MPF31JPN&keywords=leather+bound+journal&qid=1559839693&s=gateway&sprefix=leather+bound+%2Caps%2C657&sr=8-7

2 Likes

Long time lurker but made an account for this. I’m so in. I’m in the Great White North and have a trip to Cabot this coming September. Would love to get in on this if we can make Canada work into it.

3 Likes

I already ordered one of these this morning! I use these for my hunting journal and they’re perfect all weather notebooks. I decided on the spiral bound one…I’d rather have a heavy duty notebook with a ton of pages.

During construction I may need to pivot to the thinner mini style based on how hard it is to build a pouch for it, but I think I can make it work. Appreciate the offer as well!

2 Likes

Oh we can for sure make sure it gets to Canada! Getting it to Cabot would be clutch!

1 Like

I don’t mind this at all. I’ve thought about some kind of logo or crest but I’m not sure what it would look like. Since the idea is sort of a wandering travel bag, it could be as simple as a sunday bag leaning up against the globe?

Could be cartoonish like a sunday bag that has an arm and is hitchhiking?

This will be the Refuge’s bag. Everyone should feel free to put any input on whether or not there should be a logo and throw out suggestions for any other ideas.

If you’d like to take a stab at making a couple designs, please feel free!

1 Like

Basically we need to make a Refugee logo, and then sell it…stickers / badges / temporary tattoos / etc.