Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

The other issue I see with a Velcro headcover is losing patches. Especially with a carry/Sunday bag, stuff gets jostled around pretty easily. Would hate to see patches lost at any point.

I say keep it simple. Custom headcover, but let the ledger be the passport that tells the story.

4 Likes

I hear you, the most important part of getting a creative process started is just finding the right materials. If you find something you like online, textile companies are usually happy to send free samples. For the patches, I would either let people iron or sew them on Boy Scouts merit badge style. Or keep it simple. Simple always works.

@jcm3 Here are some of the headcovers made under my family’s golf brand DINGERS. I’m certainly not a headcover company / factory, and don’t care to be. With each headcover, I try to explore different materials and handcraft techniques (embroidery, patchwork, appliqué, etc). This makes for a longer and unpredictable making process, but I like it. Currently working on a 2019 Majors series inspired by the four winners. I can keep you guys posted of the process somewhere. Maybe I should start my own thread :man_shrugging:

1-3 - DINGERS putter covers made from the curtains of my grandparents house.
4 - SHAFUA driver inspired by @MerchCzar
5 - GO ARNIE putter cover

11 Likes

whoa whoa whoa where can i get one of these

2 Likes

man those curtain headcovers are sick @Bullseye

2 Likes

I’m guessing you must not be selling very many of these online otherwise these would be the hit of the Silk Road. Crazy awesome work man! Those first 3 Dingers headcovers are insane.

3 Likes

Man, I’d buy one of curtain head covers right now. So sick. Awesome work.

3 Likes

@Bullseye

2 Likes

would look real nice on that new putter of yours

1 Like

have you been watching on @theputterdepot ?

of course

so the cavity has
N Ø A

I want to do different colors for the NA and the Ø. Was thinking white for the middle and clear for the NA. Thoughts?

think if thats what you want to go with, then you should roll with that…its your world big nandy, we are just paying rent

Everyone should buy @Bullseye stuff. Some of you already have - he is the man behind the BCN logo concept.

7 Likes

just looking for some ideas here

i dont much care of the alternating colors on stamped letters, but thats just me

id rather it be something more classic personally, all letters the same colors, but again its not my putter

some dude posted one in the putter thread with red/white/blue alternating letters…he loves it, thats all that matters

I’ve been following along and I don’t know why, but I thought teal would look great in the N and A lettering on the back.

the talent on this board is fucking stupid.

7 Likes

Here are some photos since I don’t think he has finished the paint fill yet.

3 Likes

it really is man, never stops amazing me TBH

I’m thinking about leaving the sight line dark (though the double sight line is extremely underrated, I have a second one of these putters in a beautiful raw rust patina), the TM-8 dark on the sole, and the face engravings dark.

Just looking at the cavity for fills (or other stamp ideas if anyone is so inclined).