Sisterhood of the Traveling Refugee Sunday Bag

The tsb arrived in Greensboro, NC today. Unfortunately, The Helicopter Cup ended yesterday haha. Was supposed to be delivered last Wednesday but the weather delayed it so the bag missed out on the beat down that Team Cookout gave Team Bojangles (20.5-9.5). I am handing it off tonight so I won’t get in a round this time but I see a window in March that I think I will be able to have a turn with it.

10 Likes

Man I’m so sorry that didn’t make it in time. Wish I could go back and send it just a day or two sooner.

No worries man, weather is out of your control. Really surprised the weather was a 5 day delay but it’s no big deal!

Hopefully we get some better weather for you in March! I think this week as soon as it gets somewhat dry it’s gonna rain for 3 days straight again.

Side note I shipped something back on 2/12 going to Utah, supposed to be delivered on 2/17, still in transit and no one knows where. Those winter storms are no joke.

Also I’m deep in the process of sourcing material and parts for a Sunday bag of my own, the Traveling Bag inspired me earlier this year. Have a fancy leather strap on the way to make that part easier at least getting started, and going to the craft store tonight to get some pattern paper. Maybe once I have the actual nice strap in hand I can see how it’s crafted and make some more with different colors, and eventually get to the level of Ping with the strap that stands up on its own.

1 Like

Turns out I got a chance to carry the bag when I got to sneak out for quick 5 holes at Raleigh Country Club after work yesterday

One of the first really nice days of the year here in NC and my first time playing at RCC. They just reopened this past year from an 8ish month renovation by Kyle Franz to the Ross/Maples design.

Wish I could have grabbed a few more pics of the bag on the course but we were rushing to finish before daylight.

28 Likes

Just added a different trip/event to the list. Since Scotland is a no-go again this year I’ll be teeing it up at the Showdown in South FL event (The Showdown in South Florida-April 17th Palm Beach Par 3 - Signup IS LIVE!). Hope the bag can make it so a few of the gang can tote it around for the weekend.

4 Likes

Looks like it’ll be in North Carolina when I’m down in Pinehurst 3/11-3/14. Would love to try and see if I can coordinate to have it for our Sunday round on #4 but it looks like Jamie Scott has it before and I don’t think he’s inside the paywall, seeing as his tag doesn’t come up when I try to send a direct message.

@scottjamie139

Just trying to revive this a bit, get some more info…who has it currently? Did it make it to Sweetens for 3/2-3/4?

I’m just waiting on the bag and if I was to get it in time I would drive it down to pinehurst for you. I live in Raleigh NC. What day are you playing 4?

I currently have it. We had it last weekend in Pinehurst. @Sully didn’t respond to my message and I couldn’t find @scottjamie139’s account. That would leave @Big_Right_Miss up next. It looks like you’ll be in Pinehurst in a few weeks and the bag is still in Southern Pines waiting to be shipped. We can either ship it or you can potentially pick it up when you’re in town. Let me know what works best!

2 Likes

Sounds good, sorry about the mix up and I will just find another day to get on the list.

Sorry, I didn’t meant to not acknowledge you wanting the bag. I would assume if you want to use it before 3/24 when @Big_Right_Miss has requested it, we can certainly make that happen! @MikeRevak if you want to pick it up for that weekend, you’re more than welcome to. With it being #yearoftheprocess, I’d recommend signing up on the google doc, which I’ve attached below and send me a DM to figure out the details. It is at @jefranks30’s sister’s house in Southern Pines ready to be shipped or picked up. Thanks!

2 Likes

We’ve got some time to work with here, so big thanks to @chipcaffey for helping to solve some of this mystery! I’m still 100% interested in picking up the bag if available for our Pinehurst adventures from 3/11-3/14, I just held off on inputting anything into the spreadsheet until I knew where the bag was and if it was still following the listed path.

That said, if I were able to snag it, it would be awesome if it could just stay in Pinehurst until it’s @Big_Right_Miss’s turn on 3/25. Not sure if that’s possible or what, but I’m new to this whole process, so please excuse the stupid questions as I pose them, but just trying to figure out the logistics of this! Thanks for helping out!

1 Like

Just got back from Pinehurst with the bag. I was looking at the spreadsheet and it looks like @Christian has their name next but no dates. @chazwester has the next spot with a Bandon trip on 4/5. Next would be @mthoma12 for the NIT event on 4/17-4/18. I have messaged @chazwester to get his address but I’m not sure if he is a nest member or not as it looks like almost every category listed is at 0 and read time is <1 minute. If @Christian has the dates before @mthoma12 I can ship it to them first.

5 Likes

Oh man, good catch! I totally forgot I put my name down for next month. I went ahead and deleted out my row since the trip got cancelled. I am no longer in need of the bag for next month.

1 Like

humbly requested to carry the bag for the BMW Denver Refuge event in June

36 hole better ball + afternoon alt shot, is that format any good? Also could line up well if @skibum232 get’s it for his trip here in June

I’m with @jskovgaard

I’ll be in Denver and hopefully play in that 2 man event the Monday after that event and can do the handoff there.

So I’m sure you know this already, but the best way to book the bag is to use the google sheet, which is here

If nobody has it on the date you want it, I would imagine that’s pretty simple.

1 Like

Yep we’re on the big sheet :+1:t3:

1 Like

Just added a trip to the list for July 16-18 to Gearhart to reunite with some friends for the first time since before the pandemic. I saw @MikeHiggz10 is on there also for a potential trip that same weekend but still TBD. If that’s the weekend that your trip ends up being I will obviously defer to you but figured I’d get my name on there just in case.