SCGC - Calumet CC Don't Go Changin' (Chicago, IL - August 6th 2022 )

When: August 6th, 2022
Where: Calumet Country Club Homewood, IL (Donald Ross, 1901)
Cost: $59.xx paid at the course ($50 to walk and $9.xx for lunch) cart fee will be an additional $17.50 if you need a cart
Why: For Fun and possibly BOYB(they may have a liquor license by our event)
Format: Group Best Ball for bragging rights?

Calumet Country Club was once a private club that hosted the 1924 Western Open and the 1945 Chicago Victory Open. The Chicago Victory Open as won by Byron Nelson as part of his record-setting 11 consecutive wins and 18 total wins in 1945. Today the course is fighting existence and it’s ownership group is trying to turn this south side gem into a distribution center. We are simply here to enjoy this Donald Ross course as long as we can.

Sign Up Below, field will be limited to 36 golfers and I will ask everyone to be locked in on July 27th.

2 Likes

I unfortunately have to back out as my parents will be in town

@McDuffin why was my email blacklisted?

2 Likes

I just forest green-listed you

1 Like

Pretty sure that was you a few months ago…

3 Likes

Appreciate the assist

2 Likes

@djpie come on out and bring some spotted cow!

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Is Bryan on the refuge? I follow him on Twitter and was debating on sending him the link

Shit, I’m up north that week. Way up north if you’re in Homewood.

Do it.

You could’ve golfed with him, myself and @Pinehurts

I golfed so well it made me puke.

1 Like

Are we talking about Bryan McSwain or Bryan Tweed or are they the same person? I figured you already extended the invite to your brother

When you assume you make an ass out of you and me.

Posted on Roll Call, and realized I should have just done it here. I see on there a listing for a charity… if that’s a thing for each event - I’d be happy to throw some good options out. I previously worked for the state association of nonprofits ---- and currently, work for one that has a site just south in Chicago Heights (with others around the area) helping non-college-bound youth find jobs and career paths. Also, happy to throw out some good options that have a sport/outdoor component to them that would tie in. Or, if there is a process and ideas already out there - I’ll just be quiet, BYOB on Aug 6, and enjoy my first event!

6 Likes

1 Like

So, I’d be lying if i didnt really start thinking about this event until this week. Really wanting to keep this a very open and friendly. The course won’t be perfect, so with that said no need to go too serious, but I’m thinking a group best ball would be best to get all the swings in but still have some friendly competition.

Also stole this google doc, so the charity piece got copied too. The only thing I was thinking was maybe a $5 donation to hold your spot in the event and was going to find a local golf charity to donate too if so.

5 Likes

Im good with whatever, but I have to post this

4 Likes

Yeah…my signup formats are intellectual property.

3 Likes

Hey @SecondCityGC this event is fast approaching and I’m going to be confirming numbers with the course early next week. Please update the google document by 7/26 PM whether you are in or out still. While, I’m not going to be requiring a charity payment to hold a spot, I will take a snapshot of the google document and put any late drops on the SCGC no fly list. I do get life happens and will have my DMs open, but please this isn’t a third job for me to be tracking everyone down and a deposit was also placed on my CC for all the tee times. Tee times and the final event details will be send out the first week of August.

5 Likes