Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

I was invited to play in a 4-man scramble at Brighton Dale Links this weekend. Any thoughts on the course? I believe the event is on the Blue Spruce course.

Brightondale is cool. It’s well kept with a decent layout.

Generally wide enough, but will get hairy if you really start spraying. Wooded areas are a mess to find balls in. Greens are true, nothing overly difficult with slopes.

2 Likes

Ok, I need some help and I’m hoping there’s some insight I can gain here.

I got a call that I can go up and play Mammoth Dunes tomorrow afternoon and then the Dunes again on Monday morning with a SV round in the afternoon.

My question is what are the off property accomodations like near there?
Looks like the cheapest room at SV is $265 a night, and that’s assuming I can get someone on the phone there tomorrow.

Anyone have any experience with any of the other motels/resorts near there?

I posted this in the Illinois thread too, so hopefully someone has some good info.

Thanks!

Wisconsin rapids is probably your best bet to get a cheapish hotel

There are also some places around Lake Arrowhead…not sure about prices or quality.

1 Like

Rapids is probably your best bet or Wisconsin Dells if you want to have more of a fun resort atmosphere, albeit a bit further away (~45 mins) but lots of activities to do down there too.

Last ditch effort since apparently I don’t have any friends.

Guest day tomorrow at North Shore CC in Mequon. 1 spot available. 9:21 morning tee time, lunch, 2:27 afternoon time, dinner after. $100 for the day if anybody is interested.

1 Like

Damn, if only I had some spare vacation days…

1 Like

Sounds awesome, unfortunately can’t get away from work tomorrow.

1 Like

Damn it - if weren’t playing our match tomorrow I would have been there.

1 Like

Anyone else see this?..

I did. I also wasn’t sure what to think of it.

$300 for those two courses, without accommodations seems way too much. I’ve played both of those, they’re not bad but not for that price.

Yeah, but there’s “loads of tasty food”

1 Like

Does anyone want to play Lac La Belle with me at 12:36p this Saturday 7/24? Let me know!

If this type of thing isn’t allowed just let me know and I’ll delete this post.

I am a co-chair GUI on a charity golf outing in 2 weeks. We have an outing to honor our friend who, at 37, passed away 10 years ago from an aortic aneurism while lying his couch watching college football. I know everyone has someone like this, but he was genuinely the nicest person I’ve ever met. We get together to honor him and genuinely have a good time.

Anyway, we are always looking for great door prizes for our raffle and I was wondering if there were any guis on here who are members at their club that would be willing/able to donate some golf rounds to our outing. If so, shoot me a DM. No pressure at all - seriously. We make donations locally here so kids can have meals when they can’t get food at home.

If you are in the Madison area and want to play, the outing is August 13th at Lake Windsor. We normally have about 80-100 players as we don’t publicize it much just via word of mouth.

1 Like

I say this only jokingly, but shouldn’t you be worrying about catching Jimmy and the gang tomorrow?

More seriously, I reached out to the folks I know still in the area to see what I can get for you. I’ll be in touch.

Yeah, probably right, I should be - ha. But when needing to shoot 64-65 at the Bluff is going to be a tall order.

And thanks - I appreciate the effort.

1 Like

Playing 18 in Wautoma on Saturday at Waushara CC at 2:10PM, if anyone is interested in joining. Westwoods to Bridges.

EDIT: Actually, might hold off to book until tomorrow to see if weather forecast changes, looking a little wet ATM.

A biblical downpour here in the La Crosse area on Saturday. Some of the carnage on local courses:

1 Like