Roll Call: Wisconsin - We're So Back

and it’s snowing again! I’m supposed start work at a course tomorrow!

Yeah, hope everyones enjoying the mid april snow today, maybe we’ll get to play some golf in May

Yeah, it’s depressing that this is the second year in a row of this.

Greetings,
Resident of Somers, WI (Kenosha County), 1980 grad from UW-Madison. Got into NLU via their Scotland Tourist Sauce series, absolutely loved it! Big fan of the NLU tribe, Tom Coyne books, golf history and most everything to do with the game. Age, injuries & work taking a toll on the index which is now up to 8.3 but still can’t get enough golf. Always enjoy teeing it up anywhere w/like minded folks and also would do a home/home if interested. I’m a member at Kenosha CC, a fine Donald Ross gem. Cheers!

1 Like

have you guys noticed that it’s stopped raining? it’s gonna continue for at least one more day, too! what a world!

Where have you guys and gals been playing so far?

Heading up to the Minocqua area for the next week and am open to any course or lifestyle suggestions that you have. I’ve played Timber Ridge and wasn’t enthusiastic about it, but if it comes highly recommended, I’d reconsider!

A stop by Northern Waters Distillery is a must.

I haven’t been to their new venue, but the owner was at one time in the golf industry (if I remember correctly).

Yep, Peter was the head pro at Minocqua. Good dude, and I guess I would call him a buddy now. Great guitar player, btw.

1 Like

Timber Ridge is my home track (even though I live in Michigan now) it’s a little beat up still from a lot of winter kill but it’s probably the best public track in the area. If you’re a member at a private club try to have your pro get you on Minocqua CC otherwise check out Trout Lake for another public option

The new building they built is awesome

2 Likes

I’m gonna go see him…god I hope before the snow flies…I need to do some on-the-job training.

1 Like

Hi fellow WI golfers and NLU fans. I am in the Milwaukee area and typically play Silver Spring, Scenic View and the occasional county course (Milwaukee or Waukesha). I play off of a 13 hcp, and would love to link up with others in the area some time. I’m hoping to get some good fall golf in before the snow flies.

Howdy all, figured my first official post belongs right here. Live in the Milwaukee area (Wauwatosa) and am currently hanging on to an 11 hdcp for dear life.

Welcome @EricF and @d_wrek! I feel like we have done a shitty job in our Wisconsin thread, especially when I compare it to the Minnesota thread that has 5x the posts. It might be getting a little late in the season to plan anything, but next spring we should get some NLU Wisconsin stuff planned.

Thanks Slick. Absolutely, let’s figure something out for next spring/summer.

I’m open to this. I’m looking for a group of like-minded golfers to play Wisconsin courses. I live in Sun Prairie but am interested in playing courses from around the state.

Heads up though - I like to walk and bring a camera for my blog golfwisely.com and Instagram @golfwisely

I’d love to get something together next spring!

Sheboygan NLU fan here. Would love to meet some Refuge guys on the course. Ryder cup might get this thread rolling.

1 Like

Looks like we should be able to get a decent group together. I will be keeping an eye on the weather at Sand Valley next spring - their early season rates are pretty good. Hopefully it cooperates…

4 Likes